Map Map of Niagara County, New York
About this Item
- Map of Niagara County, New York
- Gifford, Franklin.
- Geil, Samuel.
- Smith, Robert Pearsall, 1827-1898.
Created / Published
- Wilson, N.Y. : Franklin Gifford, publisher, 1852.
- - Landowners--New York (State)--Niagara County--Maps
- - Real property--New York (State)--Niagara County--Maps
- - Niagara County (N.Y.)--Administrative and political divisions--Maps
- - Niagara County (N.Y.)--Surveys--Maps
- - Lockport (N.Y.)--Maps
- - Lewiston (N.Y.)--Maps
- - Niagara Falls (N.Y.)--Maps
- - Wilson (N.Y.)--Maps
- - United States--New York (State)--Niagara County
- - United States--New York (State)--Lockport
- - United States--New York (State)--Lewiston
- - United States--New York (State)--Niagara Falls
- - United States--New York (State)--Wilson
- Cadastral maps
- - County map showing towns (townships), numbered town subsections, irregular landholdings, rural buildings, and householders' names.
- - Also indicates the vertical and horizontal numbering system of the township/range land subdivision system.
- - Relief shown by hachures and rock drawings.
- - "Entered according to act of Congress in the year 1852 by Robert P. Smith in the ... Eastern District of Pennsylvania."
- - Hand colored to emphasize town boundaries, town territories, and Amerindian land reservations.
- - Mounted in western/eastern segments (sheets).
- - Originally printed on 4 sheets (now conjoined).
- - LC copy imperfect: Mounted on cloth backing. missing small edge sections, sheets halved to enable folding.
- - LC Land ownership maps, 522
- - Includes "Description" (text), statistical tables, and 3 landscape illustrations
- - Street-map insets: Plan of Lockport -- Plan of the village of Lewiston, Niagara Co., N. York / by Sam'l Geil -- Plan of the village of Niagara-Falls, Niagara Co., New York / surveyed & drawn by Sam'l Geil -- Plan of the village of Wilson / drawn by Franklin Gifford, surveyor [with index of names[.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - 2 copies
- 1 map on 2 sheets : color, mounted on cloth backing ; 94 x 131 cm, sheets 101 x 73 cm, folded to 52 x 75 cm
Call Number/Physical Location
- G3803.N5G46 1852 .G5
- G3803.N5G46 1852 .G5 Copy 2 Also printed on 2 folding sheets (each halved); also hand colored much the same as Copy 1; sheet margins trimmed before mounting.
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Gifford, Franklin, Samuel Geil, and Robert Pearsall Smith. Map of Niagara County, New York. Wilson, N.Y.: Franklin Gifford, publisher, 1852. Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2013593261/.
APA citation style:
Gifford, F., Geil, S. & Smith, R. P. (1852) Map of Niagara County, New York. Wilson, N.Y.: Franklin Gifford, publisher. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2013593261/.
MLA citation style:
Gifford, Franklin, Samuel Geil, and Robert Pearsall Smith. Map of Niagara County, New York. Wilson, N.Y.: Franklin Gifford, publisher, 1852. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2013593261/>.