Maps A chart of Delaware Bay and River : from the original
About this Item
- A chart of Delaware Bay and River : from the original
- Contributor Names
- Fisher, Joshua, 1707-1783.
- Created / Published
- [London] : [Publisher not identified], [1779?]
- Subject Headings
- - Delaware Bay (Del. and N.J.)--Mapv--Early works to 1800
- - Delaware River (N.Y.-Del. and N.J.)--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - United States--Delaware--Delaware Bay
- - United States--New Jersey--Delaware Bay
- - United States--Delaware--Delaware River
- - United States--New Jersey--Delaware River
- Nautical charts
- Early maps
- - Nautical chart showing shoals, tidal flats, ship channels, shoreline anchorages, and port towns up to Philadelphia.
- - Oriented with north to the right.
- - LC copy imperfect: Mounted on cloth backing, fold-lined, trimmed at lower edge.
- - LC Maps and charts of North America and the West Indies 1750-1789, 1372
- - Includes bar scales in statute and nautical miles.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - 2 copies
- 1 map ; 19 x 23 cm
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3832.D4P5 1776 .F6
- G3832.D4P5 1776 .F6 Copy 2 mounted on cloth backing, fold-lined, lightly soiled, torn along right-hand/lower sheet edges.
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Delaware Bay (Del. And N.J.)
Delaware River (N.Y.-DEL. And N.J.)
Early Works to 1800
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Fisher, Joshua. A chart of Delaware Bay and River: from the original. [London: Publisher not identified, ?, 1776] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2013593289/. (Accessed December 07, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Fisher, J. (1776) A chart of Delaware Bay and River: from the original. [London: Publisher not identified, ?] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2013593289/.
MLA citation style:
Fisher, Joshua. A chart of Delaware Bay and River: from the original. [London: Publisher not identified, ?, 1776] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/2013593289/>.