Manuscript/Mixed Material Patmutʻiwn varutsʻ Eranelwoyn Yōhannu Awetaranchʻin Varkʻ Sěrboyn Yōhannu Awetaranchʻin
About this Item
- Patmutʻiwn varutsʻ Eranelwoyn Yōhannu Awetaranchʻin
- Varkʻ Sěrboyn Yōhannu Awetaranchʻin
- Pōghos, orti Hovueantsʻ Martirosi, active 18th century, former owner
- Yōhannēs, Pekghozetsʻi, active 18th century, illuminator
- Yōhannēs, Pekghozetsʻi, active 18th century, scribe
- Mamoulian, Azadia, donor
- Mamoulian, Rouben, former owner
Created / Published
- Beykoz [Istanbul]?, 1765.
- - John,--the Apostle, Saint
- - Manuscripts, Armenian--Washington (D.C.)
- - Artist and scribe Yōhannes is described as Pekghozetsʻi; that is from Pekghoz [Beykoz], an Anatolian suburb of Istanbul, Turkey.
- - Binding: fine goat skin; paste board; gilt and paint; medallion gold tooled and gold painted with inlay.
- - Endpapers followed by 3 leaves and one tip in; 8 quires of 10 leaves tip in; 5 leaves.
- - Gold painted edges with a zigzag design that partially mimics the medallion design.
- - Iron gall ink.
- - Manuscripts and illuminations.
- - Paper, sized and burnished with agate stone.
- - Rouben Mamoulian collection; bequeathed by Azadia Mamoulian.
- - Text block: single column, 8.73 x 14.13 cm.
- - Writing style: black bolorgir (rounded letters).
- - Commissioning statement, colophon (page 155): Pōghos, orti Hovueantsʻ Martirosi, ordowy Mahtesi Yaru[tʻ]i[w]n amirai."
- - Manuscript scribe and illuminator statement, colophon (page 156): Yōhannēs nōtar pěkghōzetsʻi ordi paytar Martirosi Simōnean, pashtōneay Hovueantsʻ."
- - In Armenian.
- - Bookplate, inside back cover: "Ex libris Rouben Mamoulian."
- - Near East scanned
- leaves : paper ; 15.4 x 22.24 cm
Call Number/Physical Location
- BS2455 .P386 1765
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress believes that most of the materials in this collection are in the public domain or have no known copyright restrictions and are free to use and reuse.
The exception is the materials from the Africana Historic Postcard Collection. Some items in that collection may be rights-restricted.
Please cite the source collection title, collection number, and repository, for example:
Library of Congress, African and Middle East Division, Near East Section Persian Manuscript Collection
Library of Congress, African and Middle Eastern Division, Armenian Rarities
More about Copyright and other Restrictions.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Pōghos, Orti Hovueantsʻ Martirosi, Active 18Th Century, Former Owner, PekghozetsʻI Yōhannēs, PekghozetsʻI Yōhannēs, Azadia Mamoulian, and Rouben Mamoulian. Patmutʻiwn varutsʻ Eranelwoyn Yōhannu Awetaranchʻin. [Beykoz Istanbul?, 1765] Manuscript/Mixed Material. https://www.loc.gov/item/2014464469/.
APA citation style:
Pōghos, O. H. M., Yōhannēs, P., Yōhannēs, P., Mamoulian, A. & Mamoulian, R. (1765) Patmutʻiwn varutsʻ Eranelwoyn Yōhannu Awetaranchʻin. [Beykoz Istanbul?] [Manuscript/Mixed Material] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2014464469/.
MLA citation style:
Pōghos, Orti Hovueantsʻ Martirosi, Active 18Th Century, Former Owner, et al. Patmutʻiwn varutsʻ Eranelwoyn Yōhannu Awetaranchʻin. [Beykoz Istanbul?, 1765] Manuscript/Mixed Material. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2014464469/>.