Book/Printed Material Subsidies of the rich and famous : a report
About this Item
- Subsidies of the rich and famous : a report
- With families across the country struggling to make ends meet during these economically trying times, many are left with few options so they are turning to the government - some very reluctantly - for assistance. The government safety net has been cast far and wide, with almost half of all American households now receiving some form of government assistance. But most taxpayers will be asking why when they learn who is receiving what. From tax write-offs for gambling losses, vacation homes, and luxury yachts to subsidies for their ranches and estates, the government is subsidizing the lifestyles of the rich and famous. Multimillionaires are even receiving government checks for not working. This welfare for the well-off - costing billions of dollars a year - is being paid for with the taxes of the less fortunate, many who are working two jobs just to make ends meet, and IOUs to be paid off by future generations.
- Coburn, Tom A.
Created / Published
- [Washington, D.C.] : [Sen. Tom Coburn], .
- Retirement payments for millionaires -- Health coverage for millionaires -- Jobless benefits to those earning millions -- Farm and conservation payments for millionaires -- Paying to send millionaires to school and take care of their children -- Subsidizing millionaires' mansions, yachts, and vacation homes -- Paying energy costs for millionaires -- Helping millionaires succeed in business -- Arts and entertainment for millionaires -- Other agencies -- Recommendations -- Process for collecting information.
- - Millionaires--United States
- - Subsidies--United States
- - Millionaires
- - Subsidies
- - United States
- - Cover title.
- - Includes bibliographical references.
- 1 online resource (36 pages) : color illustrations
Call Number/Physical Location
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
Rights & Access
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Coburn, Tom A. Subsidies of the Rich and Famous: A Report. [Washington, D.C.: Sen. Tom Coburn, 2013] Pdf. https://www.loc.gov/item/2014500016/.
APA citation style:
Coburn, T. A. (2013) Subsidies of the Rich and Famous: A Report. [Washington, D.C.: Sen. Tom Coburn] [Pdf] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2014500016/.
MLA citation style:
Coburn, Tom A. Subsidies of the Rich and Famous: A Report. [Washington, D.C.: Sen. Tom Coburn, 2013] Pdf. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2014500016/>.