Book/Printed Material Da Ming Jiajing san nian sui ci jia shen da tong li : yi juan 大明嘉靖三年歲次甲申大統曆 : 一卷 / / Ming Jiajing san nian li shu / Da Ming Jiajing san nian da tong li
About this Item
- Da Ming Jiajing san nian sui ci jia shen da tong li : yi juan
- 大明嘉靖三年歲次甲申大統曆 : 一卷 /
- Ming Jiajing san nian li shu
- Da Ming Jiajing san nian da tong li
- Postscript reads, "National calendar almanac, made by the Astronomy Officer under the order of the Emperor; anyone making an unauthorized copy will be decapitated".
- The Da Ming Jiajing san nian datong li (Imperial calendar, or great universal system of calculating astronomy) is based upon the system of calendrical astronomy developed by the astronomer Guo Shoujin during the Yuan Dynasty (1279-1368). It was officially adapted by the Ming Bureau of Astronomy in 1384. It specified the phases of the moon and contained predictions of when lunar and solar eclipses would occur. The great Chinese navigator Zheng He used Guo Shoujing's methods to determine latitude and longitude on his voyages to the Pacific and Indian Oceans. World Digital Library.
- Li, Jian, active 16th century, xiu.
- Chinese Rare Book Collection (Library of Congress).
Created / Published
- [China : publisher not identified], Ming Jiajing 3 nian 
- - In case.
- - Title from caption.
- - Also available in digital form.
- - December 7, 1938 538662.
- - 明嘉靖三年刻本 左右雙欄 黑口 雙魚尾 版匡高24.6寬15.6公分.
- - 明李鑑等修。按此本用經摺式裝訂，上封回鈐欽天監印（字跡不明）。後封回記云:「欽天監奏准印造大統曆日，頒行天下，偽造者依律處斬。有能告捕者，官給賞銀五十兩。如無本監曆日印信，即同私曆。」末有題銜十一行，錄後: 承德郎春官正李鑑，承德郎夏官正劉？鏜，承德郎中官正周濂，秋官正，承德郎冬官正潘景夔，徵仕郎五官靈臺郎夏祚，修職郎五官保章正周瀹，五官保章正方模，修職郎五官挈壺正高懋，登仕郎五官司曆劉芳，五官司曆吳釴.
- - 行字不等. Varying number of lines and characters per line.
- 1 volume : illustration
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is unaware of any copyright or other restrictions in the World Digital Library Collection. Absent any such restrictions, these materials are free to use and reuse. Researchers are encouraged to review the source information attached to each item. For information on contacting WDL partner organizations, see this archived list of partners
The Library asks that researchers approach the materials in this collection with respect for the culture and sensibilities of the people whose lives, ideas, and creativity are documented here.
Credit Line: [Original Source citation], World Digital Library
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For additional information and contact information for many of the partner organizations, see this archived capture of the World Digital Library site from 2021.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Li, Jian, Active 16Th Century, Xiu, and Chinese Rare Book Collection. Da Ming Jiajing san nian sui ci jia shen da tong li: yi juan. [China: publisher not identified, Ming Jiajing 3 nian, 1524] Image. https://www.loc.gov/item/2014514059/.
APA citation style:
LI, J. & Chinese Rare Book Collection. (1524) Da Ming Jiajing san nian sui ci jia shen da tong li: yi juan. [China: publisher not identified, Ming Jiajing 3 nian] [Image] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2014514059/.
MLA citation style:
Li, Jian, Active 16Th Century, Xiu, and Chinese Rare Book Collection. Da Ming Jiajing san nian sui ci jia shen da tong li: yi juan. [China: publisher not identified, Ming Jiajing 3 nian, 1524] Image. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2014514059/>.