Manuscript/Mixed Material Miao fan tu : bu fen juan 苗蕃圖 : 不分卷 /
About this Item
- Miao fan tu : bu fen juan
- Other Title
- 苗蕃圖 : 不分卷 /
- Concerns the aboriginal life of the Miao People; in volume 1, color paintings on the right leaf, annotation of local customs on the left leaf; in volume 2, color paintings without annotation.
- Contributor Names
- Luo, Shi, zhuan hui.
- Chinese Rare Book Collection (Library of Congress).
- Created / Published
- [China : producer not identified, Qing dai, between 1644 and 1911]
- Subject Headings
- - Hmong (Asian people)--China--Guizhou Sheng--Social life and customs
- - Guizhou Sheng (China)--Description and travel
- - 貴州省(China)--Description and travel
- - Ms.
- - Title from label on spine of case.
- - Also available in digital form on the Library of Congress Web site.
- - September 18, 1940 589670.
- - 清墨書彩繪本 冊葉裝 無欄格 繪圖高23.8寬18.4公分。卷末另有一小印，朱文方印，文字待考。孤本.
- - 原本無書名，書名據函脊題。無序跋年代可考，上冊每圖後題字，鈐印三：左上方："有心千古"朱文長方印，右下方一對："駱氏"白文方印及"翰墨"朱文方印，當為駱氏繪撰，惜其名無考。此書朱錦緞面黃簽，裝潢較考究，疑出清宮，約當乾隆時作品.
- - 是書列苗族各分支，上下冊各十八種，總36圖，水墨彩繪。上冊右圖左文，圖繪風俗，文述概況。下冊有圖闕文。詳目如下：上冊含：花土獠，腊欲，腊兔，（子+血）烏，舍烏，普剽，水（反犬旁+罷）夷，白猓玀，黑猓玀，聶素，沙人，黑（反犬旁+母）雞，山車，普馬，普列，（上棘下人）子，黑土獠，白土獠。下冊含：馬喇，喇烏，阿猓，阿者，阿繫，旱（反犬旁+罷）夷，黑[pu]喇，阿渡，阿成，白[pu]喇，喇（反犬旁+奚），窩泥，猺人，阿嘎格（去口字旁），白（反犬旁+母）雞，儂人，普岔，花[pu]喇.
- 2 volumes : color illustrations
- Library of Congress Control Number
- OCLC Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress obtained permission to make these collection materials available online for educational and research purposes through a collaboration with the National Central Library of Taiwan. However, these rights do not extend to third party uses.
If you wish to use items in this collection, you are responsible for making an independent legal assessment of the item and securing any necessary permissions.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Asian Division, Chinese Rare Books.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Luo, Shi, Zhuan Hui, and Chinese Rare Book Collection. Miao Fan Tu: Bu Fen Juan. [China: producer not identified, qing dai, between 1644 and 1911, 1644] Manuscript/Mixed Material. https://www.loc.gov/item/2014514068/.
APA citation style:
Luo, S. & Chinese Rare Book Collection. (1644) Miao Fan Tu: Bu Fen Juan. [China: producer not identified, qing dai, between 1644 and 1911] [Manuscript/Mixed Material] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2014514068/.
MLA citation style:
Luo, Shi, Zhuan Hui, and Chinese Rare Book Collection. Miao Fan Tu: Bu Fen Juan. [China: producer not identified, qing dai, between 1644 and 1911, 1644] Manuscript/Mixed Material. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2014514068/>.
More Manuscripts/Mixed Material like this
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialMiao Man tu ce ye : bu fen juan
苗蠻圖冊頁 : 不分卷 / Preface by Fangting says that the work was initiated when he began his duties as an official in Qian (Guizhou) in the year 1784; color paintings on the right leaf, annotation of...
- Contributor: Fangting - Chinese Rare Book Collection (Library of Congress)
- Date: 1786
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialKe meng gu yang Miao tu : be fen juan.
克孟牯羊苗圖 : 不分卷. Forty-eight watercolor paintings of Miao people; on each plate, a painting appears on the right, and a related essay on the left.
- Contributor: Chinese Rare Book Collection (Library of Congress)
- Date: 1736
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialQin ding huang yu Xiyu tu zhi : cun ba juan
欽定皇輿西域圖志 : 存八卷 / Concerns customs of residents, government, and water resources in what is now the Xinjiang Region.
- Contributor: Liu, Tongxun - Chinese Rare Book Collection (Library of Congress)
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialYang shan zhi : san juan
陽山志 : 三卷 / The introduction by the author, dated 1530, states that there was also a woodblock edition extant at that time.
- Contributor: Yue, Dai - Chinese Rare Book Collection (Library of Congress)
- Date: 1644
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialXiyu suo tan : bu fen juan
西域瑣談 : 不分卷 / Concerns customs of residents and military deployment in what is now the Xinjiang Region; preface dated January 1778; preserved by the Military Government of Kuche (Kuqa).
- Contributor: Qishiyi - Kuqa (China). Jun Shu - Chinese Rare Book Collection (Library of Congress)
- Date: 1777