Book/Printed Material Fang shi mo pu : liu juan 方氏墨譜 : 六卷 /
Show more resources (2)
About this Item
- Fang shi mo pu : liu juan
- 方氏墨譜 : 六卷 /
- Compiled by Fang Yulu; prefaces state that the work was initiated by Yuan Fuzheng, handwritten by Wang Daoguan, supported by Wang Daohui, printed by Wang Daokun.
- Following prefaces written by various experts, this book contains passages from "Ink Table" by Yuan Fuzheng, "Documents on Ink" by Wang Daoguan, "Rhapsody on Ink" by Wang Daohui, and "Table of Inks" by Wang Daokun, all of which praise the author, Fang Yulu. However, no mention is made of Cheng (Junfang). This would suggest that although Cheng's "Garden of Ink" had not yet made its appearance, the rift between the two had already begun. World Digital Library.
- Fang, Yulu, active 1570-1619, zhuan.
- Wang, Daokun, 1525-1593, xu.
- Li, Weizhen, 1547-1626, xu.
- Mo, Shilong, 1537-1587, za yan.
- Zheng, Xiangwei, active 16th century, shu.
- Fang, Yu, active 1584, hou xu.
- Chinese Rare Book Collection (Library of Congress).
Created / Published
- [China : publisher not identified, Ming Wanli 16 nian, 1588]
- - Also available in digital form.
- - 不一. Irregular format.
- - 八冊二函. Eight volumes in two cases.
- - 明方于魯撰。諸家贈序後，載袁福徵墨按，汪道貫墨書，汪道會墨賦，汪道昆墨表，推崇于魯畢至。然不及程大約，蓋是時墨苑雖未出，兩家之釁已肇矣。卷一目錄末題:「歙黃守言刻。」汪道昆(序)萬曆十一年(1583)，李維楨(序)，莫雲卿(雜言)，屠隆方建元(傳)，鄭象位(書)，方宇後序萬曆十六年(1588).
- - 明萬曆間美蔭堂刻本 四周單欄 白口 白魚尾 圖版 版匡高24.8寬14.9公分 全書高31.1寬18.8公分.
- - 書内夾卡片題："文淵閣/淺倉屋/淺草區北仲町/吉田久兵衛"，1915年購自日本上述書店。錦套函裝，函套及封葉裝璜均為和式.
- - 補：書口鐫"美蔭堂集"四字。目錄首葉有四枚朱色印章，尾葉有方于魯三印："大玄氏"、"方于魯印"及"方氏建元"，均白文方印。值得注意的是：此本在六卷後又有二冊（冊七、冊八），冊七錄汪道貫《墨書》，汪道會《墨賦》，汪道昆《墨表》；冊八載十四篇讚頌方氏製墨的詩文，此二冊未編卷數，實可視為增補之二卷。本館另藏一部複本即無此二冊内容，臺北央圖和傅圖均著錄藏此書六卷，但亦未必有此二冊，且此本紙墨刻印具極佳，故仍掃描.
- 8 volumes : illustrations
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is unaware of any copyright or other restrictions in the World Digital Library Collection. Absent any such restrictions, these materials are free to use and reuse. Researchers are encouraged to review the source information attached to each item. For information on contacting WDL partner organizations, see this archived list of partners
The Library asks that researchers approach the materials in this collection with respect for the culture and sensibilities of the people whose lives, ideas, and creativity are documented here.
Credit Line: [Original Source citation], World Digital Library
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For additional information and contact information for many of the partner organizations, see this archived capture of the World Digital Library site from 2021.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Fang, Yulu, Active , Zhuan, Daokun Wang, Weizhen LI, Shilong Mo, Xiangwei Zheng, Yu Fang, and Chinese Rare Book Collection. Fang Shi Mo Pu: Liu Juan. [China: publisher not identified, Ming Wanli 16 nian, 1588] Image. https://www.loc.gov/item/2014514112/.
APA citation style:
Fang, Y., Wang, D., LI, W., Mo, S., Zheng, X., Fang, Y. & Chinese Rare Book Collection. (1588) Fang Shi Mo Pu: Liu Juan. [China: publisher not identified, Ming Wanli 16 nian] [Image] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2014514112/.
MLA citation style:
Fang, Yulu, Active , Zhuan, et al. Fang Shi Mo Pu: Liu Juan. [China: publisher not identified, Ming Wanli 16 nian, 1588] Image. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2014514112/>.