Notated Music Little Sally : a favorite song sung in The shipwreck
About this Item
- Little Sally : a favorite song sung in The shipwreck
- Arnold, Samuel -- 1740-1802
Created / Published
- New York : printed & sold at J. Hewitt's musical repository No 131 William Street, [1798?]
- - Operas--Excerpts--Vocal scores with keyboard instrument
- - Songs with orchestra--Vocal scores with keyboard instrument
- - Songs with instrumental ensemble--Scores and parts
- Vocal scores
- Parts (Music)
- Art music
- - For singer and keyboard, with part for guitar printed separately on page .
- - English words, with additional verse printed separately as text.
- - Staff notation.
- - Title from caption.
- - Printed from engraved plates.
- - 1 score and 1 guitar part bound together in 1 volume.
- - Copy 2 with: The Federal Constitution & liberty for ever : a new patriotic song / written by Mr. Milns & sung with great applause by Mr. Williamson ; the music adapted by Mr. Hewitt. New York : J. Hewitt's Musical Repository, . Bound together subsequent to publication.
- 1 vocal score and 1 part (2 unnumbered pages) ; 33 cm.
-  p. 33 cm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- M1.A1 A
- Copy 2 M1.A1 H
Library of Congress Control Number
- http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.music/musm1a1.10489 (electronic resource)
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as holders of publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may be content that is protected as "works for hire" (copyright may be held by the party that commissioned the original work) and/or under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permission ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the bibliographic information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding items and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses.
Items included here with the permission of the rights holders are indicated as such in the bibliographic record for each item.
In some cases, the Library was unable to identify a possible rights holder and has elected to place some of those items online as an exercise of fair use for strictly non-commercial educational uses. The Library of Congress would like to learn more about these materials and would like to hear from individuals or institutions that have any additional information or know of their history. Please contact: Performing Arts Reading Room.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress, Music Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Arnold, Samuel. Little Sally: a favorite song sung in The shipwreck. [New York: printed & sold at J. Hewitt's musical repository No 131 William Street, ?, 1798] Notated Music. https://www.loc.gov/item/2014568179/.
APA citation style:
Arnold, S. (1798) Little Sally: a favorite song sung in The shipwreck. [New York: printed & sold at J. Hewitt's musical repository No 131 William Street, ?] [Notated Music] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2014568179/.
MLA citation style:
Arnold, Samuel. Little Sally: a favorite song sung in The shipwreck. [New York: printed & sold at J. Hewitt's musical repository No 131 William Street, ?, 1798] Notated Music. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2014568179/>.