Map A map of North Carolina : from the best authorities
About this Item
- A map of North Carolina : from the best authorities
- Harrison, William, approximately 1750-1803.
- Morse, Jedidiah, 1761-1826.
- Stockdale, John, 1749?-1814.
Created / Published
- [London] : J. Stockdale, Piccadilly, July 24th 1794.
- - North Carolina--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - North Carolina--History--1775-1865--Maps
- - United States--North Carolina
- Early maps
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - "Published July 24th 1794 by J. Stockdale Piccadilly.
- - From Jedidiah Morse's The American geography, 1794.
- - Prime meridian: London.
- - LC copy imperfect: Shellacked, staining throughout, and mounted on cloth.
- - Stamped in blue ink: 120.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 map ; 22 x 42 cm, on sheet 38 x 53 cm
Call Number/Physical Location
- G3900 1794 .H2
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Harrison, William, Approximately, Jedidiah Morse, and John Stockdale. A map of North Carolina: from the best authorities. [London: J. Stockdale, Piccadilly, July 24th, 1794] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2014588268/.
APA citation style:
Harrison, W., Morse, J. & Stockdale, J. (1794) A map of North Carolina: from the best authorities. [London: J. Stockdale, Piccadilly, July 24th] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2014588268/.
MLA citation style:
Harrison, William, Approximately, Jedidiah Morse, and John Stockdale. A map of North Carolina: from the best authorities. [London: J. Stockdale, Piccadilly, July 24th, 1794] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2014588268/>.