Map [A Civil War field map of Fairfax County, Virginia with Fort Coccoran].
About this Item
- [A Civil War field map of Fairfax County, Virginia with Fort Coccoran].
Created / Published
- [Virginia?] : [Publisher not identified], 
- - United States.--Army.--New York Infantry Regiment, 69th (1861-1865)
- - Fairfax County (Va.)--Maps
- - Landowners--Virginia--Fairfax County--Maps
- - Real property--Virginia--Fairfax County--Maps
- - Fort Corcoran (Arlington, Va.)--Maps
- - United States--Virginia--Fairfax County
- - United States--Virginia--Arlington--Fort Corcoran
- Manuscript maps
- - Shows paths and roads that no longer exist and names of some landowners.
- - Title devised by cataloger.
- - Pen-and-ink on blue tinged laid paper, sectioned and mounted on cloth.
- - Donation; Richard W. Stephenson Memorial Acquisition. Funded by Philip Lee Phillips Society members: Ralph and Theresa Ehrenberg, Robert Grogg, and Dennis M. Gurtz; Received: September 2014.
- - Condition imperfect: Foxed, torn at fold lines, missing small internal sections at fold lines and at sheet edges, formerly taped.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Illegible signature on verso.
- 1 manuscript map ; 51 x 38 cm
Call Number/Physical Location
- G3883.F2 1861 .C5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
A Civil War field map of Fairfax County, Virginia with Fort Coccoran. [Virginia?: Publisher not identified, 1861] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2014588392/.
APA citation style:
(1861) A Civil War field map of Fairfax County, Virginia with Fort Coccoran. [Virginia?: Publisher not identified] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2014588392/.
MLA citation style:
A Civil War field map of Fairfax County, Virginia with Fort Coccoran. [Virginia?: Publisher not identified, 1861] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2014588392/>.