Map A map of the new governments of East & West Florida Map of the new governments of East and West Florida
About this Item
- A map of the new governments of East & West Florida
- Map of the new governments of East and West Florida
- Gibson, J. (John), active 1750-1792.
Created / Published
- London : [Publisher not identified], 
- - Florida--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Southern States--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Pensacola Bay (Fla.)--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - United States--Florida
- - United States--Southern States
- - United States--Florida--Pensacola Bay
- Early maps
- - Shows Indian villages, Fort Mobile, "la Balise Ft., Pensacola," "Old Town," and "New Town," rivers and inlets, anchorages, and soundings.
- - Relief shown by contours.
- - Prime meridian: London.
- - From the Gentleman's Magazine and Historical Chronicle (November, 1763), vol. 33.
- - Lowery, 440
- - LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 1618
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - LC copy imperfect: Darkened and mounted on cloth.
- - Printed in upper right margin: Gent. Mag.
- - Includes inset: Plan of the Harbour and Settlement of Pensacola. Scale approximately 1:420,000.
- 1 map ; 19 x 26 cm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- G3930 1763 .G5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Gibson, J. , Active. A map of the new governments of East & West Florida. [London: Publisher not identified, 1763] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2014589387/.
APA citation style:
Gibson, J. (1763) A map of the new governments of East & West Florida. [London: Publisher not identified] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2014589387/.
MLA citation style:
Gibson, J. , Active. A map of the new governments of East & West Florida. [London: Publisher not identified, 1763] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2014589387/>.