Map [Comanche pictograph map of the Battle of Sierra Blanca, 1787].
About this Item
- [Comanche pictograph map of the Battle of Sierra Blanca, 1787].
- Anza, Juan Bautista de, 1735-1788.
Created / Published
- - Sierra Blanca Range (N.M.)--Maps
- - Comanche Indians--Wars--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Comanche Indians--History--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Apache Indians--Wars--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Apache Indians--History--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - United States--New Mexico--Sierra Blanca Range
- Early maps
- Manuscript maps
- - Shows battle between two warring Plains Indian tribes, the Comanche and Apache.
- - Title supplied by cataloger.
- - Pen-and-ink with fold lines.
- - Map pasted on larger sheet of paper which includes key to map signed by Juan Bautista de Anza.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 manuscript map ; 11 x 20 cm, on sheet 31 x 21 cm
Call Number/Physical Location
- G4322.S395 1787 .C6
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Anza, Juan Bautista De. Comanche pictograph map of the Battle of Sierra Blanca. 1787. Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2014590059/.
APA citation style:
Anza, J. B. D. (1787) Comanche pictograph map of the Battle of Sierra Blanca. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2014590059/.
MLA citation style:
Anza, Juan Bautista De. Comanche pictograph map of the Battle of Sierra Blanca. 1787. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2014590059/>.