Map German plan : [North Sea off the west coast of Jutland].
About this Item
- German plan : [North Sea off the west coast of Jutland].
- Great Britain. Admiralty.
- Malby & Sons.
Created / Published
- [London?] : [The Admiralty], 
- [London] : Malby & Sons, lith.
- German I. Plan of intended operations, 31st May -- German II. Submarine patrol areas -- German III. The advance on 31st May --German IV. Battle cruiser action -- German V. Movements of German High Sea Fleet and approximate position of British Fleet in the Battle of Jutland on the 31st May 1916 -- German VI. Diagrams of important phases of the Battle of Jutland [8 map segments] -- German VII. Return of the main fleet 31st May-1st June.
- - World War, 1914-1918--North Sea--Naval operations--Maps
- - World War, 1914-1918--Campaigns--North Sea--Maps
- - Jutland, Battle of, 1916--Maps
- - North Sea
- Nautical charts
- - British-produced maps showing German naval actions in the North Sea in 1916 to the west of Denmark, which actions were later called "The Battle of Jutland"--the largest naval battle of World War One.
- - The common title "German plan" is followed by a roman numeral on each sheet: I [thru] VII.
- - Sheet VII indicates the position of the Greenwich Meridian in German, not in English.
- - Each sheet includes a note immediately below the sheet title indicating the time of day depicted; sheet V also includes a minute-by-minute chronology of action signals.
- - LC sheets imperfect: Rubber-stamped on verso, some sheets torn at edges, some taped.
- - In lower margin on each sheet: 10066-24266-P1173-3000-12-20.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 7 maps : color ; 94 x 79 cm or smaller, folded to 24 x 15 cm
Call Number/Physical Location
- G9112.N6S65 svar .G7
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Great Britain. Admiralty, and Malby & Sons. German plan: North Sea off the west coast of Jutland. [London?: The Admiralty, London: Malby & Sons, lith, 1916] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2014592003/.
APA citation style:
Great Britain. Admiralty & Malby & Sons. (1916) German plan: North Sea off the west coast of Jutland. [London?: The Admiralty, London: Malby & Sons, lith] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2014592003/.
MLA citation style:
Great Britain. Admiralty, and Malby & Sons. German plan: North Sea off the west coast of Jutland. [London?: The Admiralty, London: Malby & Sons, lith, 1916] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2014592003/>.