Manuscript/Mixed Material Makhzan al-asrār ; Khulāṣat al-khamsah مخزن الاسرار ؛ خلاصة الخمسة
About this Item
- Makhzan al-asrār ; Khulāṣat al-khamsah
- مخزن الاسرار ؛ خلاصة الخمسة
- Niẓāmī Ganjavī, 1140 or 1141-1202 or 1203
- Persian manuscript collection (Library of Congress)
Created / Published
- Rajab/Shaʻbān 954 [September 1547]
- Contains the Makhzan al-asrār and a collection called "Khulāṣat al-khamsah", which is made up of selections from the Khamsah, Haft Paykar, Iskandarnāmah, and Khusraw va Shīrīn.
- - Manuscripts, Persian--Washington (D.C.)
- - Iran
- - India
- - Manuscript.
- - Persian.
- - Each work has separate title ; title of first work fol. 1b; title for second work, fol. 82a.
- - Each section has different date: Makhzan al-asrār dated 28 Rajab 954 [9 September 1547]; second section dated 4 Shaʻbān 954 [19 September 1547].
- - Name of scribe not indicated.
- - Probably written in Iran or India.
- - Paper: thick, cream color Oriental paper; text in columns in black ink with section headings and some marginal notes in red ink; second work has some section headings in gold ink ; text is surrounded by many marginal notes; no catchwords.
- - Pasted label on page 2 of cover: "(1) Makhzan-al-asrār. (2) Ṣubḥat-al-asrār. (3) K̲h̲ulāṣat-al-khamsa. by Niẓāmī 945/1547. 22.3 c. 29.3 cms. 14 lines per page. 2 columns. Nastaʻlīḳ. Marginal notes."
- - Nastaʻlīq; 14 lines in written area 10.5 x 6 cm.
- - Folios 1b-121a.
- - Library of Congress. Persian manuscript, [number].
- - Binding in dark blue leather with embossed diamond pattern front and back.
- - Also available in digital form on the Library of Congress website.
- - Incipit: كتاب مخزن الاسرس حضرت شيخ نظامي عليه الرحمة.
- - Explicit/Colophon: تمت الكتاب بعون الله الوهاب تاريخ 4 شهر شعبان 954.
- 121 leaves (14 lines) bound : paper ; 19.5 x 11.3 cm
Call Number/Physical Location
- PK6501 .A1 1547
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The contents of the Library of Congress Persian Language Manuscript Project are in the public domain or have no known copyright restrictions and are free to use and reuse.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, African and Middle East Division, Near East Section Persian Manuscript Collection
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Niẓāmī Ganjavī, 1140 Or Or 1203, and Persian Manuscript Collection. Makhzan al-asrār ; Khulāṣat al-khamsah. [Rajab/Shaʻbān 954 September, 1547] Manuscript/Mixed Material. https://www.loc.gov/item/2015481278/.
APA citation style:
Niẓāmī Ganjavī, 1. O. O. 1. & Persian Manuscript Collection. (1547) Makhzan al-asrār ; Khulāṣat al-khamsah. [Rajab/Shaʻbān 954 September] [Manuscript/Mixed Material] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2015481278/.
MLA citation style:
Niẓāmī Ganjavī, 1140 Or Or 1203, and Persian Manuscript Collection. Makhzan al-asrār ; Khulāṣat al-khamsah. [Rajab/Shaʻbān 954 September, 1547] Manuscript/Mixed Material. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2015481278/>.