Manuscript/Mixed Material Shāh Jihān شاه جهان / Shāh Jahān
About this Item
- Shāh Jihān
- شاه جهان
- Shāh Jahān
- Biography of the Mogul Emperor Shahjahan.
- Muḥammad Ṣāliḥ Kambūh, -1674?, author
- Straton, Francis, 1796-1882, former owner
Created / Published
- - Shahjahan,--Emperor of India,--approximately 1592-1666
- - Mogul Empire--Kings and rulers--Biography
- - Mogul Empire--History
- - India--History
- - Manuscripts, Persian--Washington (D.C.)
- - India
- - Manuscript.
- - Persian.
- - Title from container; label and pencilled information in manuscript erroneously identifies the work as the Shāhnāmah of Firdawsī.
- - Name of scribe not indicated.
- - "Transmitted [?] from Francis Straton ... October 1836, Bangalore" with parallel statements in Urdu and Persian.
- - Written in India.
- - Paper; cream color polished laid paper with vertical chain lines; no visible watermarks; black ink with some rubrication; scattered pencilled notes in English in margins; minor worm damage with no loss of text; catchwords on rectos.
- - Nastaʻliq; 13 lines in written area 25 x 14 cm.
- - Folios 1b-230a.
- - Library of Congress. Persian manuscript, 53.
- - Contemporary red leather binding; gold borders and medallions front and back, now mostly worn off; front cover detached.
- - Also available in digital form on the Library of Congress website.
- 230 leaves (13 lines), bound : paper ; 36 x 24 cm
Call Number/Physical Location
- DS461.6 .M8 1800
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The contents of the Library of Congress Persian Language Manuscript Project are in the public domain or have no known copyright restrictions and are free to use and reuse.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, African and Middle East Division, Near East Section Persian Manuscript Collection
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Muḥammad Ṣāliḥ Kambūh, -1674?, Author, and Francis Straton. Shāh Jihān. [?, 1800] Manuscript/Mixed Material. https://www.loc.gov/item/2015481531/.
APA citation style:
Muḥammad Ṣāliḥ Kambūh, -. & Straton, F. (1800) Shāh Jihān. [?] [Manuscript/Mixed Material] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2015481531/.
MLA citation style:
Muḥammad Ṣāliḥ Kambūh, -1674?, Author, and Francis Straton. Shāh Jihān. [?, 1800] Manuscript/Mixed Material. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2015481531/>.