Map A map of the United States of North America
About this Item
- A map of the United States of North America
- Arrowsmith, Aaron, 1750-1823, cartographer.
Created / Published
- London : A. Arrowsmith, no 24 Rathbone Place, Jan. 1st 1796, 
- - United States--Maps
- - United States
- Early maps
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - In lower margins: London. Published as the act directs by A. Arrowsmith, no 24 Rathbone Place, Jan. 1st, 1796.
- - This is Tooley's 1802 (c) issue of the map.
- - R.V. Tooley, Mapping of America, 1980, 79.
- - Includes notes, including the 22 line boundary note, and illustration and text of Niagara Falls.
- - LC copy assembled into two sheets with only top margin trimmed, each sheet sectioned into 3 pieces and mounted on cloth.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 map on 4 sheets : hand colored ; 123 x 141 cm, sheets 67 x 82 cm
Call Number/Physical Location
- G3700 1802 .A6
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Arrowsmith, Aaron, Cartographer. A map of the United States of North America. [London: A. Arrowsmith, no 24 Rathbone Place, Jan. 1st , 1802, 1802] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2015588795/.
APA citation style:
Arrowsmith, A. (1802) A map of the United States of North America. [London: A. Arrowsmith, no 24 Rathbone Place, Jan. 1st , 1802] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2015588795/.
MLA citation style:
Arrowsmith, Aaron, Cartographer. A map of the United States of North America. [London: A. Arrowsmith, no 24 Rathbone Place, Jan. 1st , 1802, 1802] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2015588795/>.