Map Map of New York and vicinity.
About this Item
- Map of New York and vicinity.
- Contributor Names
- Dripps, M. (Matthew), cartographer, publisher.
- Created / Published
- N.Y. [New York] : Published by M. Dripps, 1867.
- Subject Headings
- - New York (N.Y.)--Maps
- - New York (N.Y.)--Administrative and political divisions--Maps
- - Piers--New York (State)--New York--Maps
- - Jersey City (N.J.)--Maps
- - United States--New York (State)--New York
- - United States--New Jersey--Jersey City
- - The principal map covers New York City (Manhattan) south of 135th Street; the inset covers it from there northward to the Harlem River at Westchester County; also covers Jersey City (N.J.) and adjacent municipalities.
- - Shows Lower Manhattan river piers (numbered) and names of their proprietary companies.
- - Hand colored to distinguish city ward areas (numbered) in New York City and Jersey City.
- - "Entered according to act of Congress in the year 1865 by M. Dripps in the Clerks Office of the District Court for the Southern District of New York."
- - LC copy imperfect: Cover removed, missing.
- - Includes inset of northern Manhattan.
- - Signed in lead-pencil script on verso: Millard Fillmore, at New York Oct. 5, 1868.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 map : color ; 90 x 53 cm, folded to 12 x 7 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3804.N4 1867 .D7
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Dripps, M. , Cartographer, Publisher. Map of New York and vicinity. [N.Y. New York: Published by M. Dripps, 1867] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2015591056/.
APA citation style:
Dripps, M. (1867) Map of New York and vicinity. [N.Y. New York: Published by M. Dripps] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2015591056/.
MLA citation style:
Dripps, M. , Cartographer, Publisher. Map of New York and vicinity. [N.Y. New York: Published by M. Dripps, 1867] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2015591056/>.
More Maps like this
Map40 miles around New York
Forty miles around New York | H.H. Lloyd's New York and forty miles around it : | New York and forty miles around it Regional map emphasizing railroads and areas/names of local municipalities. Relief shown by hachures. "Entered according to Act of Congress, in the year 1866, by H.H. Lloyd & Co., in the Clerk's Office...
- Contributor: Fisk & Russell - H.H. Lloyd & Co.
- Date: 1867
MapMiller's new map of the city of New-York.
New York City map Covers New York City (Manhattan) south of 132nd Street. Shows 1-mile radial distances from City Hall. Also covers part of Brooklyn (N.Y.), Jersey City (N.J.), and Hoboken (N.J.). Title from cover. Oriented...
- Contributor: Miller, James - Fillmore, Millard - Phelps, Humphrey
- Date: 1862
MapCity & county map of New-York : Brooklyn, Williamsburgh, Jersey City & the adjacent waters
City and county map of New-York City street map showing built-up areas, streetcar/railroad lines, river piers (numbered, proprietors identified), municipal wards (numbered), and projected street-system grid to the northern end of Manhattan Island.
- Contributor: J.H. Colton & Co. - Lyne, James - Fillmore, Millard
- Date: 1857
MapMap of the village of Jamaica, Queens County, N.Y. : showing every lot and building. Cadastral map showing lot lines, property-owners' names, and planned streets. Depths shown by contours and soundings on Brooklyn map on verso. Imperfect: Fold-lined, torn at fold line, taped, water-stained in margins. Hand-col....
- Contributor: Dripps, M. (Matthew)
- Date: 1876
MapMap of Long Island City, Queens Co. N.Y. : showing farm lines &c. &c. : reduced ... Cadastral map showing lot lines, farm boundaries, property-owners' names, streetcar lines, planned streets, and street widths. Depths shown by soundings. Imperfect: Halved, mounted on cloth backing. Includes 2 island insets. Available also...
- Contributor: Dripps, M. (Matthew)
- Date: 1874