Map 40 miles around New York Forty miles around New York / H.H. Lloyd's New York and forty miles around it : / New York and forty miles around it
About this Item
- 40 miles around New York
- Forty miles around New York
- H.H. Lloyd's New York and forty miles around it :
- New York and forty miles around it
- H.H. Lloyd & Co., cartographer.
- Fisk & Russell, engraver.
Created / Published
- New York : Published by H.H. Lloyd & Co., 1867.
- - New York Region--Maps
- - New York Region--Administrative and political divisions--Maps
- - Railroads--New York Region--Maps
- - New York (N.Y.)--Maps
- - Brooklyn (New York, N.Y.)--Maps
- - Jersey City (N.J.)--Maps
- - Hoboken (N.J.)--Maps
- - United States--New York (State)--New York Region
- - United States--New York (State)--New York
- - United States--New York (State)--Brooklyn
- - United States--New Jersey--Jersey City
- - United States--New Jersey--Hoboken
- - Regional map emphasizing railroads and areas/names of local municipalities.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - "Entered according to Act of Congress, in the year 1866, by H.H. Lloyd & Co., in the Clerk's Office of the District Court of the United States for the Southern District of New York."
- - Includes text, notes, and publisher's map list.
- - Map on verso: H.H. Lloyd's new map of the great metropolis : including the cities of New York, Brooklyn, Jersey City, Hoboken, &c.
- - Map sheet signed in lead-pencil script on verso: Millard Fillmore, at N. York, Oct. 9, 1868; signed in ink script on inside of cover: Millard Fillmore, Oct. 9, 1868.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 map : color ; 72 x 67 cm, folded in hard cover 17 x 11 x 1 cm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- G3804.N4A1 1867 .L4
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Jersey City
- New Jersey
- New York
- New York (State)
- New York City
- New York Region
- United States
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
H.H. Lloyd & Co., Cartographer, and Engraver Fisk & Russell. 40 miles around New York. New York: Published by H.H. Lloyd & Co, 1867. Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2015591057/.
APA citation style:
H.H. Lloyd & Co, C. & Fisk & Russell, E. (1867) 40 miles around New York. New York: Published by H.H. Lloyd & Co. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2015591057/.
MLA citation style:
H.H. Lloyd & Co., Cartographer, and Engraver Fisk & Russell. 40 miles around New York. New York: Published by H.H. Lloyd & Co, 1867. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2015591057/>.