Map Miller's new map of the city of New-York. New York City map
About this Item
- Miller's new map of the city of New-York.
- Other Title
- New York City map
- Contributor Names
- Miller, James, 1821 or 1822-1883, cartographer, publisher.
- Phelps, Humphrey, active 19th century, cartographer (expression)
- Fillmore, Millard, 1800-1874.
- Created / Published
- New York : James Miller, 1862.
- Subject Headings
- - New York (N.Y.)--Maps
- - New York (N.Y.)--Administrative and political divisions--Maps
- - Brooklyn (New York, N.Y.)--Maps
- - Jersey City (N.J.)--Maps
- - Hoboken (N.J.)--Maps
- - United States--New York (State)--New York
- - United States--New York (State)--Brooklyn (New York)
- - United States--New Jersey--Jersey City
- - United States--New Jersey--Hoboken
- - Covers New York City (Manhattan) south of 132nd Street.
- - Shows 1-mile radial distances from City Hall.
- - Also covers part of Brooklyn (N.Y.), Jersey City (N.J.), and Hoboken (N.J.).
- - Title from cover.
- - Oriented with north toward the upper right.
- - Hand colored to distinguish city wards (numbered) and adjacent municipalities.
- - "Entered, according to Act of Congress, in the year 1857, by Humphrey Phelps, in the Clerk's Office of the District Court of the United States for the Southern District of New York."
- - Signed in ink script at top of advertisement in cover: Millard Fillmore, Oct. 23, 1962,
- - LC copy imperfect: Laminated, mounted on cloth backing.
- - Includes text, New York City street index, Brooklyn street index, "Eastern District (Williamsburg)" street index, and illustrations of boats/ships in Hudson River.
- - Publisher's advertisement for related textual publication on inside of cover.
- - Adhesive paper label with inked inscription affixed to title panel of cover: No. 110. B.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 map : color ; 38 x 66 cm, folded in cover 15 x 10 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3804.N4 1862 .M5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
- Brooklyn (New York)
- Jersey City
- New Jersey
- New York
- New York (State)
- New York City
- United States
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Miller, James, 1821 Or , Cartographer, Publisher, Humphrey Phelps, and Millard Fillmore. Miller's new map of the city of New-York. New York: James Miller, 1862. Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2015591066/.
APA citation style:
Miller, J., Phelps, H. & Fillmore, M. (1862) Miller's new map of the city of New-York. New York: James Miller. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2015591066/.
MLA citation style:
Miller, James, 1821 Or , Cartographer, Publisher, Humphrey Phelps, and Millard Fillmore. Miller's new map of the city of New-York. New York: James Miller, 1862. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2015591066/>.
More Maps like this
Map40 miles around New York
Forty miles around New York | H.H. Lloyd's New York and forty miles around it : | New York and forty miles around it Regional map emphasizing railroads and areas/names of local municipalities. Relief shown by hachures. "Entered according to Act of Congress, in the year 1866, by H.H. Lloyd & Co., in the Clerk's Office...
- Contributor: Fisk & Russell - H.H. Lloyd & Co.
- Date: 1867
MapColton's New York City : Brooklyn, Jersey City, Hoboken, etc. Shows wards by no. and coloration. "[Entered accor]ding to act of Congress in the year 1865 by G. Woolworth Colton in the Clerks Office of the District Court of the United States...
- Contributor: G.W. & C. Colton & Co. - Colton, G. Woolworth (George Woolworth)
- Date: 1879
MapCity & county map of New-York : Brooklyn, Williamsburgh, Jersey City & the adjacent waters
City and county map of New-York City street map showing built-up areas, streetcar/railroad lines, river piers (numbered, proprietors identified), municipal wards (numbered), and projected street-system grid to the northern end of Manhattan Island.
- Contributor: J.H. Colton & Co. - Lyne, James - Fillmore, Millard
- Date: 1857
MapMap of New York and vicinity. The principal map covers New York City (Manhattan) south of 135th Street; the inset covers it from there northward to the Harlem River at Westchester County; also covers Jersey City (N.J.) and...
- Contributor: Dripps, M. (Matthew)
- Date: 1867
MapMap of the city of Brooklyn. General-content double-line street map of Brooklyn city (Kings County, N.Y.) showing municipal ward numbers and horsecar lines. Shows half-mile radial distances from Brooklyn city hall. Oriented with north toward the lower left....
- Contributor: Cooper, H. P. (Henry Poolly) - Phelps, Humphrey
- Date: 1865