Film, Video News parade of the year 1945
About this Item
- News parade of the year 1945
- Castle, Eugene W., editor of moving image work
- Castle Films, inc., production company
- Copyright Collection (Library of Congress)
Created / Published
- [United States : Castle Films, 1945]
- H.M.S. Barham bombed and capsizes. -- Nazi V-2 terror rockets. -- President Franklin D. Roosevelt dies, Millions mourn, Harry Truman takes the oath of office. -- Russians take Berlin. -- Allies enter to establish zones of occupation. -- President Truman in Berlin -- Footage from liberated nations: Britain, France, Holland, Denmark, Norway. -- Shots of Axis war criminals: Hess, Göring, von Rundstedt, Petain, Laval, Yamashita. -- Iwo Jima. -- Okinawa. -- Atomic bomb at Nagasaki. -- Japanese surrender on U.S.S. Missouri. -- Yanks in Tokyo. -- First Cavalry. -- General MacArthur at U.S. Embassy. -- President Truman attends Navy Day. -- Millions of U.S. troops and gigantic U.S. fleet come home.
- - World War, 1939-1945
- - Roosevelt, Franklin D.--(Franklin Delano),--1882-1945--Death and burial
- - Truman, Harry S.,--1884-1972--Inaugurations
- - Atomic bomb
- - Nagasaki-shi (Japan)--History--Bombardment, 1945
- - Barham (Ship)
- Short films
- Nonfiction films
- - MP3043 U.S. Copyright Office
- - Copyright: Castle Films, Inc.; 15Nov45; MP3043.
- - Editor, Eugene W. Castle.
- - Contents from MAVIS record.
- - Not viewed.
- - Sources used: M/B/RS Film and Television catalog card; original cataloging record (fi 53000007); Copyright catalog, motion pictures, 1950-1959, p. 237; M/B/RS Dictionary catalog card.
- viewing print 1 film reel of 1 (ca. 10 min., ca. 400 ft.) : sd., b&w ; 16 mm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- FAA 4321 (viewing print)
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright or other restrictions in the vast majority of motion pictures in these collections. Absent any such restrictions, these materials are free to use and reuse.
In rare cases, copyrighted motion pictures are made available by special permission to the Library and may be used only for educational purposes. For example, the Gershwin home movies fall within this category. Rights assessment is your responsibility. No registration information exists for some titles, and reproduction of some titles may be restricted by privacy rights, publicity rights, licensing and trademarks. Additionally, some works may still be protected by copyright in the United States or some foreign countries. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. You should consult the catalog information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding item and may assist you in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items for their desired uses. You should also consult restrictions associated with donations to the Library.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Copyright Collection. News Parade of the Year. editeds by Castle, Eugene W.Itor Of Moving Image Work, , , produceds by Castle Films, Inc.Uction Company [United States: Castle Films, 1945] Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/2015600171/.
APA citation style:
Copyright Collection, Castle, E. W. I. O. M. I. W., ed. (1945) News Parade of the Year. Castle Films, Inc.Uction Company, prod [United States: Castle Films] [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2015600171/.
MLA citation style:
Copyright Collection. News Parade of the Year. ed by Castle, Eugene W.Itor Of Moving Image Work, , , prod by Castle Films, Inc.Uction Company [United States: Castle Films, 1945] Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2015600171/>.