Book/Printed Material The Lincoln/Obama inaugural Bible collection. Lincoln Obama inaugural Bible collection / Lincoln Bible / Obama Bible
About this Item
- The Lincoln/Obama inaugural Bible collection.
- Lincoln Obama inaugural Bible collection
- Lincoln Bible
- Obama Bible
Created / Published
- Kansas City : Andrews McMeel, 
- [Invitation to the January 20, 2009, presidential inauguration] -- Inauguration ceremonies program -- Inauguration day prayer service -- Emancipation Proclamation, January 1, 1863.
- - Lincoln, Abraham,--1809-1865--Inaugurations
- - Obama, Barack--Inaugurations
- - Presidents--United States--Inauguration
- - Includes a facsimile of the Lincoln Bible, the Bible with which President Abraham Lincoln took his oath of office on March 4, 1861, held by the Library of Congress. This Bible was used by President Barack Obama for his oath of office on both January 20, 2009 and on January 21, 2013. The facsimile includes the inscription by William Thomas Carroll, Clerk of the Supreme Court, certifying that the Bible was used in the ceremony in 1861, with the blue paper seal of the court.
- - The collection is issued in a clamshell box. The Bible facsimile is bound in velvet and fits into the base of the box; the pamplets are held in a folder attached to the top of the box.
- 67 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm
- 1280 unnumbered pages ; 15 cm
- 4 pamphlets : illustrations ; 21-24 cm
- 1 box ; 26 x 21 x 10 cm
Call Number/Physical Location
- BS185 1853 .O9a
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright or any other restrictions in the documents in this collection. However, some of the content may be protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.) and/or by the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Additionally, the reproduction of some materials may be restricted by privacy and/or publicity rights. The determination of the status of an item ultimately rests with the person desiring to reproduce or use the item.
Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owners.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Rare Book and Special Collections Division
Availability of Reproductions
To inquire about copies of Rare Book and Special Collections Division items, contact the Photoduplication Service (telephone: 202-707-5640). Orders are accepted by mail and by fax.
The Photoduplication Service estimates that it takes 3-6 weeks to complete an order.
For Further Information
If you have comments or additional questions, please contact us.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
The Lincoln/Obama inaugural Bible collection. [Kansas City: Andrews McMeel, ©, 2009] Pdf. https://www.loc.gov/item/2015656339/.
APA citation style:
(2009) The Lincoln/Obama inaugural Bible collection. [Kansas City: Andrews McMeel, ©] [Pdf] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2015656339/.
MLA citation style:
The Lincoln/Obama inaugural Bible collection. [Kansas City: Andrews McMeel, ©, 2009] Pdf. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2015656339/>.