Book/Printed Material The case of the British northern colonies
About this Item
- The case of the British northern colonies
Created / Published
- [London] : [s.n.], 
- - Great Britain--Commercial policy--Early works to 1800
- - Sugar trade--America--Early works to 1800
- - Sugar trade--Great Britain--Early works to 1800
- - United States--Commerce--West Indies--Early works to 1800
- - West Indies--Commerce--United States--Early works to 1800
- - England--London
- - Expresses opposition to restraint of trade with the French and Dutch sugar colonies for sugar and molasses proposed by the British sugar colonies. Includes statements describing the commodities produced by the northern colonies and the commerce conducted with the Indians, Great Britain, and the sugar islands.
- - Caption title.
- - Imprint information supplied from ESTC.
- - Text begins: These colonies consist of a very large tract of land above 1500 Miles in Length on the Coast ...
- - With docket title.
- - English short title catalogue, T20161
- - Hanson, L. Contemporary printed sources for British and Irish economic history, 1701-1750, 4223
- - Catalog of broadsides in the Rare Book Division, Library of Congress, Washington, D.C., vol. 4, page 113, column 1
- - LC copy in bound volume of 20 blank leaves, 30 cm with LC Division of Manuscripts bookplate.
- - LC copy original flag reads: Bound Broadsides. British colonies. 1710 ...
- - Also available in digital form on the Library of Congress website.
- - With: The report from the commissioners of Her Majestys Customs, dated the 19th of August, 1710 ... -- The case of the poor distressed planters, and other inhabitants of the Islands of Nevis and St. Christophers, in America, 1709. Bound together subsequent to publication.
- - No Digital Collections metadata found.
- - LAC nsk 2021-04-20 no edits (1 card)
- - LC copy formerly: Broadside Coll. Bound broadsides. British colonies, &c. 1710
- - LAC ddw 2023-07-19 update (1 card)
- 3 p. ; 30 cm. (fol.)
Call Number/Physical Location
- HF3025 .C37 1710
- Broadside portfolio 268 no. 8
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright or any other restrictions in the documents in this collection. However, some of the content may be protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.) and/or by the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Additionally, the reproduction of some materials may be restricted by privacy and/or publicity rights. The determination of the status of an item ultimately rests with the person desiring to reproduce or use the item.
Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owners.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Rare Book and Special Collections Division
Availability of Reproductions
To inquire about copies of Rare Book and Special Collections Division items, contact the Photoduplication Service (telephone: 202-707-5640). Orders are accepted by mail and by fax.
The Photoduplication Service estimates that it takes 3-6 weeks to complete an order.
For Further Information
If you have comments or additional questions, please contact us.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
The case of the British northern colonies. [London: s.n, 1731] Pdf. https://www.loc.gov/item/2015660234/.
APA citation style:
(1731) The case of the British northern colonies. [London: s.n] [Pdf] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2015660234/.
MLA citation style:
The case of the British northern colonies. [London: s.n, 1731] Pdf. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2015660234/>.