Manuscript/Mixed Material [Saghmosagirkʻ]
About this Item
Created / Published
- [between 1501 and 1600]
- Psalms (leaves 1-215) -- Scribe's prayer (verso of leaf 215) -- Prayers (leaves 216-239).
- - Armenian Church--Prayers and devotions
- - Bible.--Psalms.--Translations into Armenian
- - Manuscripts, Armenian--Washington (D.C.)
- - Illustrations: pen-drawn decorations; some Psalms have decorated first initials.
- - Initial page damaged and head of title not readable.
- - Ink: red, black.
- - Leather clasps with metal rings and posts added to the binding.
- - Manuscript text.
- - Notragir; some verses have larger, rubricized initials; 16 lines in written area 7 x 12 cm.
- - Oriental cream-colored laid paper with vertical chain lines.
- - Prayers on leaves 216-239 are written in a different hand.
- - Some of the original binding, leathered stretched on wood and stamped, has been incorporated into new binding of the spine.
- - Some Psalms have initial letters; verses have initials rubricized.
- - Text in one column; left and right marginal rules; occasional marginal decorations.
- - Armenian.
- - Asia Minor Books, purchase, 2008.
- - Near East scanned
- 239 leaves (16 lines) : paper ; 15 x 10 cm
Call Number/Physical Location
- BS1425 .A75 1500z
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The contents of the Library of Congress Armenian Rarities are in the public domain and are free to use and reuse.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, African and Middle Eastern Division, Armenian Rarities.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Saghmosagirkʻ. [Between 1501 and 1600] Manuscript/Mixed Material. https://www.loc.gov/item/2016379255/.
APA citation style:
Saghmosagirkʻ. [Between 1501 and 1600] [Manuscript/Mixed Material] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2016379255/.
MLA citation style:
Saghmosagirkʻ. [Between 1501 and 1600] Manuscript/Mixed Material. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2016379255/>.