Manuscript/Mixed Material Kitāb-i Rūmī al-Mawlawī. كتاب رومي المولوي.
About this Item
- Kitāb-i Rūmī al-Mawlawī.
- كتاب رومي المولوي.
- Jalāl al-Dīn Rūmī, Maulana, 1207-1273, author.
- ʻAlī ibn Ḥaydar al-Qāsimī, active 15th/16th centuries, scribe.
Created / Published
- Z̲ī al-ḥijjah 903 [July/August 1498]
- - Manuscripts, Persian--Washington (D.C.)
- - Turkey
- - Manuscript.
- - Persian.
- - Caption title.
- - Copied by ʻAlī ibn Ḥaydar al-Qāsimī.
- - Probably written in Turkey.
- - Paper; thin cream color lightly polished laid paper with no visible chain-lines or watermarks; elaborate unwan and first 3 leaves with decordations in blue and gold; text in 3 columns with text of Masnavi in 2 columns and a commentary written diagonally in the third; text enclosed in narrow ruled border of blue and gold; some rubrication; catchwords on rectos.
- - Rypka, Jan. History of Iranian literature, p. 241
- - Rieu, Charles. Catalogue of the Persian manuscripts in the British Museum, v. 2, p. 585-586
- - Nastaʻliq; 17 lines in written area 15 x 8 cm.
- - Fol. 1b-551a.
- - Library of Congress. Persian manuscript, M72.
- - Elaborate contemporary brown leather binding with gold medallions in center and corners and a gold tooled border; more recently re-backed.
- - Also available in digital form on the Library of Congress website.
- 551 leaves (17 lines), paper : bound ; 25 c 14.5 cm
Call Number/Physical Location
- PK6481 .M6 1498
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The contents of the Library of Congress Persian Language Manuscript Project are in the public domain or have no known copyright restrictions and are free to use and reuse.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, African and Middle East Division, Near East Section Persian Manuscript Collection
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Jalāl Al-Dīn Rūmī, Maulana, Author, and Active 15Th/16Th Centuries ʻAlī Ibn Ḥaydar Al-Qāsimī. Kitāb-i Rūmī al-Mawlawī. [Z̲ī al-ḥijjah 903 July/August, 1498] Manuscript/Mixed Material. https://www.loc.gov/item/2016397707/.
APA citation style:
Jalāl Al-Dīn Rūmī, M. & ʻAlī Ibn Ḥaydar Al-Qāsimī, A. 1. C. (1498) Kitāb-i Rūmī al-Mawlawī. [Z̲ī al-ḥijjah 903 July/August] [Manuscript/Mixed Material] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2016397707/.
MLA citation style:
Jalāl Al-Dīn Rūmī, Maulana, Author, and Active 15Th/16Th Centuries ʻAlī Ibn Ḥaydar Al-Qāsimī. Kitāb-i Rūmī al-Mawlawī. [Z̲ī al-ḥijjah 903 July/August, 1498] Manuscript/Mixed Material. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2016397707/>.