Manuscript/Mixed Material Mas̲navī مثنوى
About this Item
- Jalāl al-Dīn Rūmī, Maulana, 1207-1273, author
- Mumtaz un-Nissa Begum, former owner
Created / Published
- 1237 
- - Manuscripts, Persian--Washington (D.C.)
- - India
- - Manuscript.
- - Persian.
- - Marginalia dated 1827.
- - Title from final section (daftar 7).
- - Name of scribe not indicated.
- - Probably written in India.
- - Paper; (main section) light cream color unpolished laid paper; no visible chain lines or watermarks; unwans in gold, blue and green had the head of each daftar; text inclosed in ruled border of three lines in blue and red; black ink with rubrication; page divided into two colums with surrounding commentary; catchwords on rectos; (introduction and daftar 7) coarse laid paper with no visible chain lines or watermarks; 15 lines; no borders; black ink with some rubrication.
- - Nastaʻliq; main section, 18 lines in written area 18.5 x 8.2 cm, introductory and daftar 7 15 lines in written area 15.5 x 9 cm.
- - Introduction folios 1b-8a; main section 8b-387b; final section (daftar 7) 388b-449b.
- - Library of Congress. Persian manuscript, M71.
- - Nineteenth century red morocco leather binding with small gold medallions front and back; on spine: Nawab Babu, Mumtazum Nissa, Begum sahbah.
- - Also available in digital form on the Library of Congress website.
- 449 leaves (18 lines), bound : paper ; 22.5 x 15 cm
Call Number/Physical Location
- PK6481 .M6 1822
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The contents of the Library of Congress Persian Language Manuscript Project are in the public domain or have no known copyright restrictions and are free to use and reuse.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, African and Middle East Division, Near East Section Persian Manuscript Collection
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Jalāl Al-Dīn Rūmī, Maulana, Author, and Former Owner Mumtaz Un-Nissa Begum. Mas̲navī.  Manuscript/Mixed Material. https://www.loc.gov/item/2016404248/.
APA citation style:
Jalāl Al-Dīn Rūmī, M. & Mumtaz Un-Nissa Begum, F. O. (1822) Mas̲navī. [Manuscript/Mixed Material] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2016404248/.
MLA citation style:
Jalāl Al-Dīn Rūmī, Maulana, Author, and Former Owner Mumtaz Un-Nissa Begum. Mas̲navī.  Manuscript/Mixed Material. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2016404248/>.