Book/Printed Material | Manuscript/Mixed Material Accession catalogue, music in the Dayton C. Miller Collection Accession catalogue of music, Miller Collection
About this Item
- Accession catalogue, music in the Dayton C. Miller Collection
- Other Title
- Accession catalogue of music, Miller Collection
- Alternate Title
- Accession catalogue of music, Miller Collection
- Contributor Names
- Miller, Dayton Clarence -- 1866-1941 (author)
- Created / Published
- None, 1941.
- Subject Headings
- - Flute music -- Bibliography -- Catalogs
- - The collector's hand-written inventory of scores in his collection, with columns for title, composer, arranger, arrangement, publisher, when bought, cost, and remarks. Includes 2307 entries, any containing multiple musical works.
- - Holograph.
- - In ink.
- - Dayton C. Miller Flute Collection, Music Division, Library of Congress. (preferred citation)
- - Bequest; Dayton C. Miller; 1941. (acquisition)
- Library of Congress Control Number
- LC Classification
- ML30.4z no. 1
- Online Format
- OCLC Number
- Catalog. Text. The collector's hand-written inventory of scores in his collection, with columns for title, composer, arranger, arrangement, publisher, when bought, cost, and remarks. Includes 2307 entries, any containing multiple musical works. Holograph. In ink. Dayton C. Miller Flute Collection, Music Division, Library of Congress. (Preferred Citation). Bequest; Dayton C. Miller; 1941. (Acquisition).
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- METSXML Record
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The Music Treasures Consortium is an alliance of many libraries. The Library of Congress is hosting the consortium Web site which gives bibliographic information on each item; access to the digital items is provided through links to the holding library's own Web site. The items on this site are made freely available for scholarly use. Other uses may require permission or credit to the holding repository. Please contact the holding repository for more information.
Rights information for Library of Congress Holdings in the Music Treasures Consortium:
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as holders of publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may be content that is protected as "works for hire" (copyright may be held by the party that commissioned the original work) and/or under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permission ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the bibliographic information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding items and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses.
Items included here with the permission of the rights holders are indicated as such in the bibliographic record for each item.
In some cases, the Library was unable to identify a possible rights holder and has elected to place some of those items online as an exercise of fair use for strictly non-commercial educational uses. The Library of Congress would like to learn more about these materials and would like to hear from individuals or institutions that have any additional information or know of their history. Please contact: Performing Arts Reading Room.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress, Music Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Miller, Dayton Clarence. Accession catalogue, music in the Dayton C. Miller Collection. monographic. None, 1941. Manuscript/Mixed Material. https://www.loc.gov/item/2016560084/.
APA citation style:
Miller, D. C. (1941) Accession catalogue, music in the Dayton C. Miller Collection. monographic. None. [Manuscript/Mixed Material] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2016560084/.
MLA citation style:
Miller, Dayton Clarence. Accession catalogue, music in the Dayton C. Miller Collection. monographic. None, 1941. Manuscript/Mixed Material. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2016560084/>.
More Books/Printed Material like this
Book/Printed MaterialMessiah an oratorio : as it is performed at the Theatre Royal in the Hay-market Text. print | 16 pages ; 19 cm | set to music by Mr. Handel. (Statement Of Responsibility). Title from cover. Libretto compiled by Charles Jennens from the Bible and the Prayer...
- Contributor: Jennens, Charles - Handel, George Frideric - Publisher Not Identified
- Date: 1769
Book/Printed MaterialCatalogue de musique vocale Bibliography. Copyist's ms. thematic catalog of the author's collection. In the Heineman Foundation Collection of the Library of Congress.
- Contributor: Ogny - Ogny (Comte D'. )
- Date: 1780
Book/Printed MaterialJohann Joachim Quantzens, königl. preussischen Kammermusikus, Versuch einer Anweisung die Flöte traversiere zu spielen : mit ...
Versuch einer Anweisung die Flöte traversiere zu spielen Errata on p.  at end. LC copy 3 formerly in the Wanda Landowska and Denise Restout Papers in the Library of Congress. LC copy 3 imperfect; contains examples only.
- Contributor: Miller, Dayton Clarence - National Flute Association (U.S.) - Quantz, Johann Joachim
- Date: 1752
Book/Printed MaterialLycei musici theorico-practici intimatio et epitome latino-germanica, hoc est: Explicatio tredecim divisionum monochordi, earumq[ue] ad veteris ... "Divisio monochordi," chart (29 x 37 cm) on folded sheet (20 x 14 cm) bound in at end.
- Contributor: Ex Officina Chalcographica Jacobi Mollyni - Trew, Abdias
- Date: 1635
Book/Printed MaterialList of all music copyrighted in the United States from January 1, 1860 to December 31, ... Bibliography. Letterpress. Only 2 copies created. Very fragile. Handwritten. Supplementary material, laid in, includes a letter from Abram R. Serven to Linn R. Blanchard and a short compilation of song titles (11....
- Contributor: Copyright Office - Serven, Abram R. - Library of Congress - Library of Congress. Copyright Office - Feist, Leo - Blanchard, Linn R.
- Date: 1912