Map A night-club map of Harlem Manhattan
About this Item
- A night-club map of Harlem
- Other Title
- Contributor Names
- Campbell, E. Simms (Elmer Simms), 1906-1971, cartographer.
- Dell Publishing Company, publisher.
- Created / Published
- New York, N.Y. : Dell Publishing Company, Inc., 
- © 1933
- Subject Headings
- - Harlem (New York, N.Y.)--Maps
- - Nightclubs--New York (State)--New York--Maps
- - Restaurants--New York (State)--New York--Maps
- - Bars (Drinking establishments)--New York (State)--New York--Maps
- - United States--New York (State)--New York--Harlem
- - United States--New York (State)--New York
- Pictorial maps
- Tourist maps
- - Pictorial map of entertainment, restaurant, and speakeasy facilities in the Harlem district, Manhattan, New York City.
- - At foot of principal title: The stars indicate the places that are open all night. The only important omission is ... the various speakeasies but since there are about 500 of them you won't have much trouble.
- - Oriented with north toward the lower right.
- - Purchase; Madison Council using Edwin L. Cox American Legacy funds; 2016.
- - The map sheet has been removed from the folded periodical newspaper: Manhattan--a weekly for wakeful New Yorkers, January 18, 1933, pages 7 to 10.
- - The copyright date given within the map border is 1932; on page 3 of the accompanying newspaper it is 1933.
- - LC copy imperfect: Use-worn, torn at fold lines, page edges wrinkled.
- - Accompanied by folded newspaper: Manhattan published weekly and copyrighted 1933 by Dell Publishing Company, Inc. ... Volume 1, Number 1, January 18, 1933, 16 pages.
- - Includes text in lower margin, location notes in map area, pictorial compass rose, and the personal names of club/restaurant proprietors.
- - Text and humorous illustrations on verso.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 map ; 35 x 56 cm, folded to 21 x 31 cm
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3804.N4:2H3E622 1932 .C3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Campbell, E. Simms , Cartographer, and Publisher Dell Publishing Company. A night-club map of Harlem. [New York, N.Y.: Dell Publishing Company, Inc., ©, 1932] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2016585261/.
APA citation style:
Campbell, E. S. & Dell Publishing Company, P. (1932) A night-club map of Harlem. [New York, N.Y.: Dell Publishing Company, Inc., ©] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2016585261/.
MLA citation style:
Campbell, E. Simms , Cartographer, and Publisher Dell Publishing Company. A night-club map of Harlem. [New York, N.Y.: Dell Publishing Company, Inc., ©, 1932] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2016585261/>.
More Maps like this
MapPictorial map of Washington, D.C. F24620 U.S. Copyright Office Covers central Washington and adjacent part of Arlington (Va.). Selected points of interest shown pictorially. Includes notes and ill. LC copy laminated and mounted on cloth backing. Available...
- Contributor: Capital Sight-Seeing Co.
- Date: 1914
MapBartlett's illustrated map of New York City : or stranger's guide showing the public buildings, places ...
Illustrated map of New York City Pictorial map of Manhattan (New York City) south of 62nd Street showing face-front and 3-dimensional drawings of public buildings and major businesses. Also shows streetcar lines and images of boats/ships in the...
- Contributor: Major & Knapp Engraving, Manufacturing & Lithographic Co. - Bartlett, G. H.
- Date: 1870
MapJarvis' Pictorial map of Washington, D.C. E11319 U.S. Copyright Office Covers city center. Selected points of interest shown pictorially. Alternate title in upper margin and cover title: Jarvis' free pictorial map and guide to Washington. Includes note. Text...
- Contributor: Jarvis, J. F, (John F.)
- Date: 1907
MapPictorial map of Washington Selected points of interest shown pictorially. Covers city center. Cover title: Free map and guide to Washington : see Washington right. "Copyright, 1914, by J.F. Jarvis." Timetable correction slip tipped into accompanying...
- Contributor: Jarvis, J. F. (John F.) - Royal Blue Line Company
- Date: 1914
MapScharf's International pictorial map of central Washington. F35114 U.S. Copyright Office Major buildings shown pictorially. English and Spanish. Alternate title at lower left: Mapa foto-pictórico de la parte central de Washington / por Emilio L. Scharf, Ph.D. "Publisht [sic]...
- Contributor: Scharf, Emilio L.
- Date: 1919