Map [Celestial globe gores].
About this Item
- [Celestial globe gores].
- Schöner, Johann, 1477-1547, cartographer.
- Jay I. Kislak Collection (Library of Congress)
Created / Published
- [Strasbourg, France?] : [publisher not identified], 
- - Earth (Planet)
- Gores (Maps)
- Celestial globes
- Early maps
- - Title provided by cataloger.
- - Likely proof sheets, as lines for the tropics and the ecliptic are missing.
- - Earliest known celestial gores.
- - Bound in the Schöner Sammelband.
- - Gores trimmed and mounted on paper.
- - LC copy annotated by Schöner.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Provenance: Gift of Jay I. Kislak Foundation.
- 1 map on four sheets ; each sheet 46 x 32 cm
Call Number/Physical Location
- G1015 .S43 1517
- Schöner Sammelband,
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The contents of the Library of Congress Jay I. Kislak Collection are in the public domain and are free to use and reuse. The Library asks that researchers approach the materials in this collection with respect for the culture and sensibilities of the people whose lives, ideas, and creativity are documented here.
The Kislak Collection is open to research. Because many of the items in the collection are on exhibit in the Library of Congress’ galleries, researchers are advised to contact the Geography and Map Division and/or the Rare Book and Special Collections Division prior to visiting in order to determine whether the desired materials will be available at that time.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Jay I. Kislak Collection.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Schöner, Johann, Cartographer, and Jay I. Kislak Collection. Celestial Globe Gores. [Strasbourg, France?: publisher not identified, 1517] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2016586439/.
APA citation style:
Schöner, J. & Jay I. Kislak Collection. (1517) Celestial Globe Gores. [Strasbourg, France?: publisher not identified] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2016586439/.
MLA citation style:
Schöner, Johann, Cartographer, and Jay I. Kislak Collection. Celestial Globe Gores. [Strasbourg, France?: publisher not identified, 1517] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2016586439/>.