Map [Manuscript planning map for the Allied landing near Licata, Sicily, on July 10, 1943].
About this Item
- [Manuscript planning map for the Allied landing near Licata, Sicily, on July 10, 1943].
Created / Published
- [Italy?] : [United States Army] ; 
- - United States.--Army--Commando troops--History--World War, 1939-1945
- - Operation Husky, 1943--Maps
- - World War, 1939-1945--Campaigns--Italy--Sicily--Maps
- - Licata Region (Italy)--Maps
- - Italy--Licata Region
- - Italy--Sicily
- Manuscript maps
- - Title provided by cataloger.
- - Pencil and colored pencil on paper. All edges torn.
- - Accompanied by documents concerning the life and service of Capt. Alfred J. Reid.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - From the estate of Capt. Alfred J. Reid, U.S. Army, 3rd Ranger Battalion, 1943-1945.
- 1 manuscript map : color ; 79 x 155 cm
Call Number/Physical Location
- G6714.L698 1943 .M3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Manuscript planning map for the Allied landing near Licata, Sicily, on. [Italy?: United States Army, 1943] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2016586526/.
APA citation style:
(1943) Manuscript planning map for the Allied landing near Licata, Sicily, on. [Italy?: United States Army] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2016586526/.
MLA citation style:
Manuscript planning map for the Allied landing near Licata, Sicily, on. [Italy?: United States Army, 1943] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2016586526/>.