Audio Recording Revise taxes
Revise taxes [sound recording] /William G. McAdoo, former Secretary of Treasury.
About this Item
- Revise taxes
- Speech by William Gibbs McAdoo, former Secretary of the Treasury. "Have the Republican majority done anything to reduce taxes? No! They have just laid down on the job."
- Contributor Names
- McAdoo, W. G. (William Gibbs), 1863-1941. spk
- Nation's Forum Collection (Library of Congress)
- Created / Published
- Bridgeport, Conn. : Made by the Columbia Graphophone Manufacturing Company, .
- Subject Headings
- - McAdoo, W. G.--(William Gibbs),--1863-1941--Political and social views
- - Speeches, addresses, etc., American
- - Political oratory--United States
- - Taxation--United States
- - League of Nations--United States
- - Reconstruction (1914-1939)
- - Campaign literature, 1919--Democratic
- - United States--Politics and government--1913-1921
- - Live sound recordings
- - Nation's Forum: 49706 (matrix).
- - William Gibbs McAdoo, speaker.
- - Recorded Dec. 1, 1919, New York, N.Y.
- - Take 4.
- - Sound quality: good.
- - Also available in digital form on the Library of Congress Web site.
- - Reverse side of disc is music selection: National emblem march, by E.E. Bagley, performed by Prince's Band (Nation's Forum matrix 48858).
- - Rigler and Deutsch index, DLC 182/1194
- - Goldenberg, D. "Nation's Forum : a history and discography," The Discographer, v. 2, n. 4
- - Source used: M/B/RS Recorded Sound Section Subjects files; discographical sources.
- - Production level cataloging.
- 1 sound disc (4 min., 38 sec.) : analog, 78 rpm, mono. ; 12 in.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- Nation's Forum N.F. 2
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Rights Advisory
- Digital version reproduced by the Library of Congress through the generosity of the family of Guy Golterman and with the cooperation of CBS-Sony Records and the Recording Industry Association of America.
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
The Library of Congress is providing access to this collection of sound recordings for educational and research purposes with the permission of the family of Guy Golterman, the original publisher. The family is represented by one of Golterman's grandsons, who may be contacted at this address:
Edward L. Golterman
435 Chancellor Square Court
In addition, the Library of Congress has received an indication of no objection to this use from Sony Music Entertainment, Inc., the business successor to Columbia Records, the original manufacturer of the discs.
Potential users should be aware that the content of this collection may be protected by federal and/or state statutes and further reproduction and distribution may be restricted by copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations, by privacy and/or publicity rights.
To inquire about reproductions of recordings, contact the Recorded Sound Research Center
For further information on permissions rights, please see our Legal Notices.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Mcadoo, W. G. , . Spk, and Nation'S Forum Collection. Revise Taxes. [Bridgeport, Conn.: Made by the Columbia Graphophone Manufacturing Company, 1919] Audio. https://www.loc.gov/item/2016655150/.
APA citation style:
McAdoo, W. G. & Nation'S Forum Collection. (1919) Revise Taxes. [Bridgeport, Conn.: Made by the Columbia Graphophone Manufacturing Company] [Audio] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2016655150/.
MLA citation style:
Mcadoo, W. G. , . Spk, and Nation'S Forum Collection. Revise Taxes. [Bridgeport, Conn.: Made by the Columbia Graphophone Manufacturing Company, 1919] Audio. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2016655150/>.
More Audio Recordings like this
Audio RecordingPrevention of war Speech by Democratic presidential candidate James M. Cox. "The supreme issue of the century is before us...The League of Nations is in operation. I am in favor of going in."
- Contributor: Nation's Forum Collection (Library of Congress) - Cox, James M. (James Middleton)
- Date: 1918
Audio RecordingDemocratic achievement Speech by Champ Clark, former Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives. "We stand proudly on our unimpeachable record in peace and war... While in seven years since we came into possession...
- Contributor: Nation's Forum Collection (Library of Congress) - Clark, Champ
- Date: 1920
Audio RecordingAmerican rights A speech by William Gibbs McAdoo, U.S. Secretary of the Treasury. "Fellow countrymen, this great Republic is facing one of the most extraordinary situations in the world's history. It would be difficult...
- Contributor: McAdoo, W. G. (William Gibbs) - Nation's Forum Collection (Library of Congress) - A.F.R. Lawrence Collection (Library of Congress)
- Date: 1918
Audio RecordingDemocrats in the World War Tribute to President Wilson by Attorney General A. Mitchell Palmer. "A leadership unsurpassed in the history of parliamentary democracy."
- Contributor: Palmer, A. Mitchell (Alexander Mitchell) - Nation's Forum Collection (Library of Congress)
- Date: 1919
Audio RecordingPeace, progress, and prosperity Speech by George White, chairman, Democratic National Committee. "The people know they can trust Cox ... Every promise made in the platform will be kept. Can the Republicans say as much?"
- Contributor: White, George - Nation's Forum Collection (Library of Congress)
- Date: 1920