Audio Recording Americanism
Americanism [sound recording] /Franklin D. Roosevelt.
About this Item
- Franklin Delano Roosevelt, former Assistant Secretary of the Navy, speaking of those who fell in battle. "To them we must write the binding finish: it shall not happen again. Americans demand: the crime of war shall cease."
- Roosevelt, Franklin D. (Franklin Delano), 1882-1945. spk
- Nation's Forum Collection (Library of Congress)
Created / Published
- Bridgeport, Conn. : Made by the Columbia Graphophone Manufacturing Company, .
- - Roosevelt, Franklin D.--(Franklin Delano),--1882-1945--Political and social views
- - Speeches, addresses, etc., American
- - Political oratory--United States
- - Patriotism--United States
- - World War, 1914-1918--United States
- - Campaign literature, 1920--Democratic
- - United States--Politics and government--1913-1921
- - Live sound recordings
- - Nation's Forum: 49871 (matrix).
- - Franklin D. Roosevelt, speaker.
- - Recorded in Aug. 1920, New York, N.Y.
- - Take 1.
- - Inscribed in disc: 1-C-30.
- - Sound quality: good.
- - Also available in digital form on the Library of Congress Web site.
- - Reverse side of disc is music selection: Centennial march, by David Wallis Reeves; performed by Columbia Band; Charles Adams Prince, director (Nation's Forum matrix 49778).
- - Rigler and Deutsch index, DLC 182/1278
- - Goldenberg, D. "Nation's Forum : a history and discography," The Discographer, v. 2, n. 4
- - Source used: M/B/RS Recorded Sound Section Subjects files; discographical sources.
- - Production level cataloging.
- 1 sound disc (4 min., 21 sec.) : analog, 78 rpm, mono. ; 12 in.
Call Number/Physical Location
- Nation's Forum N.F. 20
Library of Congress Control Number
- Digital version reproduced by the Library of Congress through the generosity of the family of Guy Golterman and with the cooperation of CBS-Sony Records and the Recording Industry Association of America.
Additional Metadata Formats
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is providing access to this collection of sound recordings for educational and research purposes with the permission of the family of Guy Golterman, the original publisher. The family is represented by one of Golterman's grandsons, who may be contacted at this address:
Edward L. Golterman
435 Chancellor Square Court
In addition, the Library of Congress has received an indication of no objection to this use from Sony Music Entertainment, Inc., the business successor to Columbia Records, the original manufacturer of the discs.
Potential users should be aware that the content of this collection may be protected by federal and/or state statutes and further reproduction and distribution may be restricted by copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations, by privacy and/or publicity rights.
To inquire about reproductions of recordings, contact the Recorded Sound Research Center
For further information on permissions rights, please see our Legal Notices.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Roosevelt, Franklin D. , . Spk, and Nation'S Forum Collection. Americanism. [Bridgeport, Conn.: Made by the Columbia Graphophone Manufacturing Company, 1920] Audio. https://www.loc.gov/item/2016655162/.
APA citation style:
Roosevelt, F. D. & Nation'S Forum Collection. (1920) Americanism. [Bridgeport, Conn.: Made by the Columbia Graphophone Manufacturing Company] [Audio] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2016655162/.
MLA citation style:
Roosevelt, Franklin D. , . Spk, and Nation'S Forum Collection. Americanism. [Bridgeport, Conn.: Made by the Columbia Graphophone Manufacturing Company, 1920] Audio. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2016655162/>.