Audio Recording Address Address by J.D. Rockefeller Jr / United War Work Campaign
Address by J.D. Rockefeller Jr. [sound recording] /J.D. Rockefeller, Chairman, United War Work Campaign Committee.
About this Item
- Address by J.D. Rockefeller Jr
- United War Work Campaign
- Speech by John D. Rockefeller, Jr., chairman of the United War Work Campaign, an organization that raised $35 million for various private organizations working with the troops during World War I. "For the first time in history, people of Jewish, Catholic, and Protestant faiths, are standing side by side and working in closest cooperation for a great common cause."
- Rockefeller, John D., Jr. (John Davison), 1874-1960. spk
- Nation's Forum Collection (Library of Congress)
Created / Published
- [New York, NY] : Made by Columbia Graphophone Co., .
- - Rockefeller, John D.,--Jr.--(John Davison),--1874-1960--Political and social views
- - Speeches, addresses, etc., American
- - United War Work Campaign, Inc
- - World War, 1914-1918--War work--United States
- - World War, 1914-1918--Social aspects--United States
- - Live sound recordings
- - Nation's Forum: 49549 (matrix).
- - John D. Rockefeller, Jr., speaker.
- - Recorded in 1918, New York, N.Y.
- - Take 1.
- - Inscribed under label: 1-B-62.
- - Sound quality: fair.
- - Also available in digital form on the Library of Congress Web site.
- - Reverse side of disc is music selection: National emblem march, by E. E. Bagley; performed by Prince's Band (Nation's Forum matrix 48858).
- - Goldenberg, D. "Nation's Forum : a history and discography," The Discographer, v. 2, n. 4
- - Source used: M/B/RS Recorded Sound Section Subjects files; discographical sources.
- - Production level cataloging.
- 1 sound disc (4 min., 11 sec.) : analog, 78 rpm, mono. ; 12 in.
Call Number/Physical Location
- Nation's Forum 49549
Library of Congress Control Number
- Digital version reproduced by the Library of Congress through the generosity of the family of Guy Golterman and with the cooperation of CBS-Sony Records and the Recording Industry Association of America.
Additional Metadata Formats
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is providing access to this collection of sound recordings for educational and research purposes with the permission of the family of Guy Golterman, the original publisher. The family is represented by one of Golterman's grandsons, who may be contacted at this address:
Edward L. Golterman
435 Chancellor Square Court
In addition, the Library of Congress has received an indication of no objection to this use from Sony Music Entertainment, Inc., the business successor to Columbia Records, the original manufacturer of the discs.
Potential users should be aware that the content of this collection may be protected by federal and/or state statutes and further reproduction and distribution may be restricted by copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations, by privacy and/or publicity rights.
To inquire about reproductions of recordings, contact the Recorded Sound Research Center
For further information on permissions rights, please see our Legal Notices.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Rockefeller, John D., Jr. , . Spk, and Nation'S Forum Collection. Address. [New York, NY: Made by Columbia Graphophone Co, 1918] Audio. https://www.loc.gov/item/2016655164/.
APA citation style:
Rockefeller, J. D. & Nation'S Forum Collection. (1918) Address. [New York, NY: Made by Columbia Graphophone Co] [Audio] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2016655164/.
MLA citation style:
Rockefeller, John D., Jr. , . Spk, and Nation'S Forum Collection. Address. [New York, NY: Made by Columbia Graphophone Co, 1918] Audio. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2016655164/>.