Audio Recording Loyalty
Loyalty [sound recording] /Bainbridge Colby, Secretary of State.
About this Item
- Speech by Secretary of State Bainbridge Colby. "It is important that we should constantly keep before us the duty of inculcating in the minds of our citizens from overseas, the true meaning and significance of America, and the high duty that rests upon every generation to sustain our blessed institutions, and to transmit them to posterity strengthened and unimpaired."
- Contributor Names
- Colby, Bainbridge, 1869-1950. spk
- Nation's Forum Collection (Library of Congress)
- Created / Published
- Bridgeport, Conn. : Made by the Columbia Graphophone Manufacturing Company, .
- Subject Headings
- - Colby, Bainbridge,--1869-1950.--Political and social views
- - Speeches, addresses, etc., American
- - Political oratory--United States
- - Patriotism--United States
- - World War, 1914-1918--United States
- - United States--Politics and government--1913-1921
- - Live sound recordings
- - Nation's Forum: 49765 (matrix).
- - Bainbridge Colby, speaker.
- - Recorded in Mar. 1920, New York, N.Y.
- - Take 2.
- - Inscribed on label: 2-B-K11.
- - Sound quality: good.
- - Also available in digital form on the Library of Congress Web site.
- - Reverse side of disc is music selection: Spirit of victory, by Hamlin E. Cogswell; performed by Prince's Band (Nation's Forum matrix 90506).
- - Goldenberg, D. "Nation's Forum : a history and discography," The Discographer, v. 2, n. 4
- - Source used: M/B/RS Recorded Sound Section Subjects files; discographical sources.
- - Production level cataloging.
- 1 sound disc (4 min., 12 sec.) : analog, 78 rpm, mono. ; 12 in.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- Nation's Forum N.F. 8
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Rights Advisory
- Digital version reproduced by the Library of Congress through the generosity of the family of Guy Golterman and with the cooperation of CBS-Sony Records and the Recording Industry Association of America.
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is providing access to this collection of sound recordings for educational and research purposes with the permission of the family of Guy Golterman, the original publisher. The family is represented by one of Golterman's grandsons, who may be contacted at this address:
Edward L. Golterman
435 Chancellor Square Court
In addition, the Library of Congress has received an indication of no objection to this use from Sony Music Entertainment, Inc., the business successor to Columbia Records, the original manufacturer of the discs.
Potential users should be aware that the content of this collection may be protected by federal and/or state statutes and further reproduction and distribution may be restricted by copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations, by privacy and/or publicity rights.
To inquire about reproductions of recordings, contact the Recorded Sound Research Center
For further information on permissions rights, please see our Legal Notices.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Colby, Bainbridge, . Spk, and Nation'S Forum Collection. Loyalty. [Bridgeport, Conn.: Made by the Columbia Graphophone Manufacturing Company, 1920] Audio. https://www.loc.gov/item/2016655165/.
APA citation style:
Colby, B. & Nation'S Forum Collection. (1920) Loyalty. [Bridgeport, Conn.: Made by the Columbia Graphophone Manufacturing Company] [Audio] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2016655165/.
MLA citation style:
Colby, Bainbridge, . Spk, and Nation'S Forum Collection. Loyalty. [Bridgeport, Conn.: Made by the Columbia Graphophone Manufacturing Company, 1920] Audio. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2016655165/>.
More Audio Recordings like this
Audio RecordingAmericanism Franklin Delano Roosevelt, former Assistant Secretary of the Navy, speaking of those who fell in battle. "To them we must write the binding finish: it shall not happen again. Americans demand: the...
- Contributor: Nation's Forum Collection (Library of Congress) - Roosevelt, Franklin D. (Franklin Delano)
- Date: 1920
Audio RecordingLoyalty Speech given by Ambassador James Watson Gerard as warning to German Americans, "Every citizen must declare himself American -- or traitor!"
- Contributor: Gerard, James W. (James Watson) - Nation's Forum Collection (Library of Congress) - A.F.R. Lawrence Collection (Library of Congress)
- Date: 1918
Audio RecordingEqual rights Fourth of July oration by Governor Calvin Coolidge to celebrate "the beginning of a government that was to recognize the power, the worth, and the dignity of man."
- Contributor: Coolidge, Calvin - Nation's Forum Collection (Library of Congress)
- Date: 1920
Audio RecordingAmerica and the war Speech by Calvin Coolidge, Governor of Massachusetts. "Works which endure come from the soul of the people. The mighty in their pride walk alone to destruction. The humble walk hand in hand...
- Contributor: Coolidge, Calvin - Nation's Forum Collection (Library of Congress) - A.F.R. Lawrence Collection (Library of Congress)
- Date: 1920
Audio RecordingDemocrats in the World War Tribute to President Wilson by Attorney General A. Mitchell Palmer. "A leadership unsurpassed in the history of parliamentary democracy."
- Contributor: Palmer, A. Mitchell (Alexander Mitchell) - Nation's Forum Collection (Library of Congress)
- Date: 1919