Audio Recording Confidence in government
Confidence in government [sound recording] /James M. Cox.
About this Item
- Confidence in government
- Speech by Democratic Presidential candidate James M. Cox. "We want our people to have an abiding confidence in government. But no readjustment made under reactionary auspices will earn with it the confidence of the country."
- Cox, James M. (James Middleton), 1870-1957. spk
- Nation's Forum Collection (Library of Congress)
Created / Published
- Bridgeport, Conn. : Made by the Columbia Graphophone Manufacturing Company, .
- - Cox, James M.--(James Middleton),--1870-1957--Political and social views
- - Speeches, addresses, etc., American
- - Political oratory--United States
- - Campaign literature, 1920--Democratic
- - Civil rights--United States
- - United States--Politics and government--1913-1921
- - Live sound recordings
- Alternate takes (Sound recordings)
- - Nation's Forum: 49887 (matrix).
- - James M. Cox, speaker.
- - Recorded Aug. 8, 1920, New York, N.Y.
- - Believed to be take 2.
- - Sound quality: very good.
- - Also available in digital form on the Library of Congress Web site.
- - Reverse side of disc is music selection: Our director march, by F. E. Bigelow; performed by Columbia Band (Nation's Forum matrix 49779).
- - Goldenberg, D. "Nation's Forum : a history and discography," The Discographer, v. 2, n. 4
- - Source used: M/B/RS Recorded Sound Section Subjects files; discographical sources.
- - Production level cataloging.
- 1 sound disc (3 min., 57 sec.) : analog, 78 rpm, mono. ; 12 in.
Call Number/Physical Location
- Nation's Forum N.F. 19
- RXA 9459 1 sound tape : analog, 15 ips, mono., 1/2 track ; 7 in., 1/4 in. tape. Title from container.
Library of Congress Control Number
- Digital version reproduced by the Library of Congress through the generosity of the family of Guy Golterman and with the cooperation of CBS-Sony Records and the Recording Industry Association of America.
Additional Metadata Formats
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is providing access to this collection of sound recordings for educational and research purposes with the permission of the family of Guy Golterman, the original publisher. The family is represented by one of Golterman's grandsons, who may be contacted at this address:
Edward L. Golterman
435 Chancellor Square Court
In addition, the Library of Congress has received an indication of no objection to this use from Sony Music Entertainment, Inc., the business successor to Columbia Records, the original manufacturer of the discs.
Potential users should be aware that the content of this collection may be protected by federal and/or state statutes and further reproduction and distribution may be restricted by copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations, by privacy and/or publicity rights.
To inquire about reproductions of recordings, contact the Recorded Sound Research Center
For further information on permissions rights, please see our Legal Notices.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Cox, James M. , . Spk, and Nation'S Forum Collection. Confidence in Government. [Bridgeport, Conn.: Made by the Columbia Graphophone Manufacturing Company, 1920] Audio. https://www.loc.gov/item/2016655169/.
APA citation style:
Cox, J. M. & Nation'S Forum Collection. (1920) Confidence in Government. [Bridgeport, Conn.: Made by the Columbia Graphophone Manufacturing Company] [Audio] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2016655169/.
MLA citation style:
Cox, James M. , . Spk, and Nation'S Forum Collection. Confidence in Government. [Bridgeport, Conn.: Made by the Columbia Graphophone Manufacturing Company, 1920] Audio. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2016655169/>.