Manuscript/Mixed Material Out of bondage : a dramatization written for the Hyers sisters
About this Item
- Out of bondage : a dramatization written for the Hyers sisters
- Bradford, Joseph, 1843-1886, author.
- Hopkins, Pauline E. (Pauline Elizabeth)
- Hyers, Anna Madah, 1855-1929.
- Hyers, Emma Louise, 1857-1901.
- Manuscript Plays Collection (Library of Congress)
Created / Published
- - Slavery--United States--Drama
- - In manuscript, written in ink on lined paper.
- - A muscial drama. The first play about slavery with an African-American cast. Produced with Pauline Hopkins, Anna Madah Hyers, and Emma Louise Hyers.
- - Forms part of the Manuscript Plays Collection, Library of Congress Copyright Office drama deposits.
- 66 unnumbered pages ; 32 cm
Call Number/Physical Location
- PN6111 .M36 box 37
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright or any other restrictions in the documents in this collection. However, some of the content may be protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.) and/or by the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Additionally, the reproduction of some materials may be restricted by privacy and/or publicity rights. The determination of the status of an item ultimately rests with the person desiring to reproduce or use the item.
Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owners.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Rare Book and Special Collections Division
Availability of Reproductions
To inquire about copies of Rare Book and Special Collections Division items, contact the Photoduplication Service (telephone: 202-707-5640). Orders are accepted by mail and by fax.
The Photoduplication Service estimates that it takes 3-6 weeks to complete an order.
For Further Information
If you have comments or additional questions, please contact us.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Bradford, Joseph, Author, Pauline E Hopkins, Anna Madah Hyers, Emma Louise Hyers, and Manuscript Plays Collection. Out of bondage: a dramatization written for the Hyers sisters. ©, 1876. Manuscript/Mixed Material. https://www.loc.gov/item/2016658261/.
APA citation style:
Bradford, J., Hopkins, P. E., Hyers, A. M., Hyers, E. L. & Manuscript Plays Collection. (1876) Out of bondage: a dramatization written for the Hyers sisters. ©. [Manuscript/Mixed Material] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2016658261/.
MLA citation style:
Bradford, Joseph, Author, et al. Out of bondage: a dramatization written for the Hyers sisters. ©, 1876. Manuscript/Mixed Material. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2016658261/>.