Audio Recording Poet Laureate Juan Felipe Herrera reads from his work
Hispanic-American poet Juan Felipe Herrera reading from his work
About this Item
- Poet Laureate Juan Felipe Herrera reads from his work
- Mr. Herrera reads from his following works: Half of the world in light : new and selected poems, Senegal Taxi, and Notes on the assemblage.
- Herrera, Juan Felipe
- Archive of Hispanic Literature on Tape (Library of Congress)
Created / Published
- From Half of the world in light: new and selected poems: Let Us Gather in a Flourishing Way (07:50); Vamos a cantar (10:30); Exiles (12:08); Facegames, Inside the Jacket (16:50); Facegames, Foreign Inhabitant (18:42); Thunderweavers/ Tejedoras de rayos, Xunka (22:16); Thunderweavers/ Tejedoras de rayos, Pascuala (23:42); Thunderweavers/ Tejedoras de rayos, Makal V. (25:10); La plazita (28:01) -- From Senegal Taxi: Mud Drawing No. 1 The Village Ant (31:10); Mud Drawing No. 2 The Antonov Bomb (31:50); Mud Drawing No. 3 The Kalashnikov AK-47 (33:07); Mud Drawing No. 5 The Village Fly (34:21); Mud Drawing No. 7 The Village Ant (35:30); Mud Drawing No. 13 Sahel, the Village Girl (36:44); Mud Drawing No. 16 Ibrahim, the Village Boy (37:35); Mud Drawing No. 24 Abdullah, the Village Boy with One Eye (39:02) -- From Notes on the Assemblage: It Can Begin with Clouds (41:37); Ayotzinapa (English) (43:28); Ayotzinapa (Spanish) (45:14); You throw a stone (47:32); Poem by poem (48:40) ; Poema por poema (50:42)
- - United States--Poetry
- - Mexico--Poetry
- - Poems in English and Spanish.
- - Recorded for the Archive of Hispanic Literature on Tape.
- - Recorded Sep. 11, 2015 at the Library of Congress Recording Laboratory, Washington, D.C.
- - Also available in digital form on the Library of Congress Web site.
- 1 sound file (53:03 min.) : digital, WAV file (24 bit, 96 kHz)
Call Number/Physical Location
Library of Congress Control Number
- Collection is open for research. To request materials, please contact the Hispanic Reading Room.
Additional Metadata Formats
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is providing access to The PALABRA Archive for educational, reference, and research purposes. The Library has obtained permission for the use of the materials in the Collection.
You are responsible for deciding whether your use of the items in this collection is legal. You are also responsible for securing any permissions needed to use the items. You will need written permission from the copyright owners of materials not in the public domain for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Some content may be protected under international law. You may also need permission from holders of other rights, such as publicity and/or privacy rights.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Hispanic Division
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Herrera, Juan Felipe, and Archive Of Hispanic Literature On Tape. Poet Laureate Juan Felipe Herrera reads from his work. 2015. Audio. https://www.loc.gov/item/2016686193/.
APA citation style:
Herrera, J. F. & Archive Of Hispanic Literature On Tape. (2015) Poet Laureate Juan Felipe Herrera reads from his work. [Audio] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2016686193/.
MLA citation style:
Herrera, Juan Felipe, and Archive Of Hispanic Literature On Tape. Poet Laureate Juan Felipe Herrera reads from his work. 2015. Audio. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2016686193/>.