Manuscript/Mixed Material Sharḥ-i Jām-i jahān numā شرح جام جهان نما
About this Item
- Sharḥ-i Jām-i jahān numā
- شرح جام جهان نما
- Book of historical and other anecdotes, beginning with anecdotes about nature.
Created / Published
- [2 April 1759]
- - History--Anecdotes--Early works to 1800
- - Literature--Anecdotes--Early works to 1800
- - Science--Anecdotes--Early works to 1800
- - Manuscripts, Persian--Washington (D.C.)
- - India
- - Manuscript.
- - Persian.
- - Title from colophon.
- - Written by Sayyid Raḥim ʻAlī and Shaykh Walī Muḥammad ibn Manṣūr.
- - Date from colophon: 4 Shaʻbān of the first year of Shāh ʻĀlam son of Shāh ʻĀlamgīr (2 April 1759)
- - Written in India.
- - Paper; medium cream color paper with no visible watermarks; black ink with rubrication; extensive worm damage throughout; catchwords.
- - Nastaʻliq; 17 lines in written area 17.5 x 9 cm.
- - Fol. 1b-40a.
- - Library of Congress. Persian manuscript, M29.
- - Disbound.
- - Also available in digital form on the Library of Congress website.
- 40 leaves (17 lines), paper : disbound ; 17.5 x 8.5 cm
Call Number/Physical Location
- D10 .S48 1759
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The contents of the Library of Congress Persian Language Manuscript Project are in the public domain or have no known copyright restrictions and are free to use and reuse.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, African and Middle East Division, Near East Section Persian Manuscript Collection
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Sharḥ-i Jām-i jahān numā. [2 April, 1759] Manuscript/Mixed Material. https://www.loc.gov/item/2017406045/.
APA citation style:
(1759) Sharḥ-i Jām-i jahān numā. [2 April] [Manuscript/Mixed Material] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2017406045/.
MLA citation style:
Sharḥ-i Jām-i jahān numā. [2 April, 1759] Manuscript/Mixed Material. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2017406045/>.