Manuscript/Mixed Material Zubūr Āl Muḥammad زبور آل محمد / Zubūr Ahl al-Bayt / Ṣaḥīfah al-Sajjādīyah / Zābūr Āl Muḥammad, 1064 A.H., Ad'iyah wa-mawāiẓ / Also known as: Zubūr Ahl al-Bayt / Also known as: Ṣaḥīfah al-Sajjādīyah / Title on container: Zābūr Āl Muḥammad, 1064 A.H., Ad'iyah wa-mawāiẓ
About this Item
- Zubūr Āl Muḥammad
- زبور آل محمد
- Zubūr Ahl al-Bayt
- Ṣaḥīfah al-Sajjādīyah
- Zābūr Āl Muḥammad, 1064 A.H., Ad'iyah wa-mawāiẓ
- Also known as: Zubūr Ahl al-Bayt
- Also known as: Ṣaḥīfah al-Sajjādīyah
- Title on container: Zābūr Āl Muḥammad, 1064 A.H., Ad'iyah wa-mawāiẓ
- Collection of doxologies and prayers, ascribed to ʻAlī or to his grandson Zayn al-ʻĀbidin ʻAlī ibn al-Ḥusayn
- ʻAlī ibn Abī Ṭālib, Caliph, approximately 600-661
- Zayn al-ʻĀbidīn ʻAlī ibn al-Ḥusayn, -710?
Created / Published
- 12 Dhū al-Qaʻdah 1064 [24 September 1654]
- - Shīʻah--Prayers and devotions
- - Manuscripts, Arabic--Washington (D.C.)
- - Manuscripts, Persian--Washington (D.C.)
- - Iran
- - Manuscript.
- - Arabic; with interlinear Persian translation.
- - Title from colophon.
- - Scribe not identified.
- - Probably written in Iran.
- - Paper; very thin off white laid paper with no visible chain lines of watermarks; pages have outer ruled border of two thin black lines; text within a border of a gold band; floral unwan in blue, gold, and red; Arabic text in black ink, with interlinear Persian translation in red ink; marginal notes and corrections; catchwords.
- - Brockelmann. GAL, GI, p. 144; SI, p. 76
- - Naskh (Arabic), Nastaʻliq (Persian); 24 lines in written area 8 x 3.7 cm.
- - Fol. 1b-175a.
- - Library of Congress. Persian manuscript, M148.
- - Binding; lacquer on boards; morocco leather spine; multicolor floral design on black lacquer; red paper pastedowns with gold floral design and border.
- - Also available in digital form on the Library of Congress website.
- - Near East scanned
- 175 leaves (24 lines), paper : bound ; 12.5 x 8 cm
Call Number/Physical Location
- BP194.3 .S23 1654
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress believes that most of the materials in this collection are in the public domain or have no known copyright restrictions and are free to use and reuse.
The exception is the materials from the Africana Historic Postcard Collection. Some items in that collection may be rights-restricted.
Please cite the source collection title, collection number, and repository, for example:
Library of Congress, African and Middle East Division, Near East Section Persian Manuscript Collection
Library of Congress, African and Middle Eastern Division, Armenian Rarities
More about Copyright and other Restrictions.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
ʻAlī Ibn Abī Ṭālib, Caliph, Approximately 600-661, and -710? Zayn Al-ʻĀbidīn ʻAlī Ibn Al-Ḥusayn. Zubūr Āl Muḥammad. [12 Dhū al-Qaʻdah 24 September 1654, 1654] Manuscript/Mixed Material. https://www.loc.gov/item/2017406685/.
APA citation style:
ʻAlī Ibn Abī Ṭālib, C. & Zayn Al-ʻĀbidīn ʻAlī Ibn Al-Ḥusayn. (1654) Zubūr Āl Muḥammad. [12 Dhū al-Qaʻdah 24 September 1654] [Manuscript/Mixed Material] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2017406685/.
MLA citation style:
ʻAlī Ibn Abī Ṭālib, Caliph, Approximately 600-661, and -710? Zayn Al-ʻĀbidīn ʻAlī Ibn Al-Ḥusayn. Zubūr Āl Muḥammad. [12 Dhū al-Qaʻdah 24 September 1654, 1654] Manuscript/Mixed Material. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2017406685/>.