Manuscript/Mixed Material [Khamsah] [خمسة] / Khamseh : lyric and romantic poems
About this Item
- Khamseh : lyric and romantic poems
- Niẓāmī Ganjavī, 1140 or 1141-1202 or 1203
Created / Published
- - Manuscripts, Persian--Washington (D.C.)
- - India
- - Manuscript.
- - Persian.
- - Title supplied from container.
- - Scribe not identified.
- - Written in India?
- - Paper; thin, lightly polished laid paper with vertical laid lines and no visible chain lines or watermarks; elaborate floral carpet page in blue, gold, pink, and black surrounded by three borders: the outer of a gold floral design, the next of a repeating design in blue and gold and the inner of a floral design of repeating flowers in alternating rose and pink on a gold background; remainder of text has outer ruled bord of thin blue, white, gold, red and dark blue; text block within ruled border in blue, white, red, blue, a wider floral border and an inner border of blue and red; sections separated by a horizontal block in gold; hemistichs divided by a wide dark blue vertical divider with gold highlighting; black ink; catchwords.
- - Nastaʻlīq; 15 lines in written area 13 x 6.2 cm.
- - Numerous miniatures throughout the text.
- - Fol. 1b-466b (incomplete)
- - Library of Congress. Persian manuscript, M19.
- - Binding; disbound; text block and many pages loose in remainder of binding which is brown leather; spine lacking.
- - Also available in digital form on the Library of Congress website.
- 4, 466, 4 leaves (incomplete) (15 lines), paper : disbound ; 23 x 13.5 cm
Call Number/Physical Location
- PK6501 .A1 1600z
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The contents of the Library of Congress Persian Language Manuscript Project are in the public domain or have no known copyright restrictions and are free to use and reuse.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, African and Middle East Division, Near East Section Persian Manuscript Collection
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Niẓāmī Ganjavī, 1140 Or Or 1203. Khamsah. [16--?] Manuscript/Mixed Material. https://www.loc.gov/item/2017481612/.
APA citation style:
Niẓāmī Ganjavī, 1. O. O. 1. Khamsah. [16--?] [Manuscript/Mixed Material] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2017481612/.
MLA citation style:
Niẓāmī Ganjavī, 1140 Or Or 1203. Khamsah. [16--?] Manuscript/Mixed Material. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2017481612/>.