Map Charte vniuerselle de tovt le monde. Charte universelle de tout le monde
About this Item
- Charte vniuerselle de tovt le monde.
- Charte universelle de tout le monde
- Berey, Nicolas, 1606-1665, cartographer.
Created / Published
- A Paris : Chez Nicolas Berey, anlvminevr de la reyne av bovt dv Pont nevf proche les Avgvstins aux devx globes, 1650.
- - Earth (Planet)
- World maps
- Early maps
- - Relief shown pictorially.
- - Includes notes. Illustrations include images of the garden of Eden and the Last Judgment and four allegorical figures in the corners of the sheet.
- - Assembled from 4 sheets.
- - LC copy in two sheets, mounted together on cloth. Fold lined through the center of each hemisphere, with losses along folds, including the "i" in "vniuerselle". Annotated with orange pencil "x"s in North and Central America.
- - Shirley, R.W. Mapping of the world, 384
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 map ; 2 hemispheres, each 52 cm in diameter, on sheet 64 x 111 cm
Call Number/Physical Location
- G3200 1650 .B4
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Berey, Nicolas, Cartographer. Charte Vniuerselle De Tovt Le Monde. A Paris: Chez Nicolas Berey, anlvminevr de la reyne av bovt dv Pont nevf proche les Avgvstins aux devx globes, 1650. Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2017585791/.
APA citation style:
Berey, N. (1650) Charte Vniuerselle De Tovt Le Monde. A Paris: Chez Nicolas Berey, anlvminevr de la reyne av bovt dv Pont nevf proche les Avgvstins aux devx globes. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2017585791/.
MLA citation style:
Berey, Nicolas, Cartographer. Charte Vniuerselle De Tovt Le Monde. A Paris: Chez Nicolas Berey, anlvminevr de la reyne av bovt dv Pont nevf proche les Avgvstins aux devx globes, 1650. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2017585791/>.