Map Novissima et accuratissima totius Americae descriptio
About this Item
- Novissima et accuratissima totius Americae descriptio
- Contributor Names
- Visscher, Nicolaes, 1618-1679, cartographer.
- Created / Published
- [Amsterdam] : [N. Visscher], [1660?]
- Subject Headings
- - America--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - America
- Early maps
- - Relief shown pictorially.
- - Includes illustrated cartouche, illustrations, and historical note in upper left corner.
- - LC copy mounted on cloth, with artificial leather border. Stamped on verso: 1489.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 map : hand colored ; 42 x 53 cm
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3290 1660 .V5
- G3290 1660 .V5 Copy 2. Uncolored. Split in two along central fold.
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- Relief shown pictorially. Includes illustrated cartouche, illustrations, and historical note in upper left corner. LC copy mounted on cloth, with artificial leather border. Stamped on verso: 1489. Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Visscher, Nicolaes, Cartographer. Novissima et accuratissima totius Americae descriptio. [Amsterdam: N. Visscher, ?, 1660] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2017585836/.
APA citation style:
Visscher, N. (1660) Novissima et accuratissima totius Americae descriptio. [Amsterdam: N. Visscher, ?] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2017585836/.
MLA citation style:
Visscher, Nicolaes, Cartographer. Novissima et accuratissima totius Americae descriptio. [Amsterdam: N. Visscher, ?, 1660] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2017585836/>.
More Maps like this
MapNova America descriptio Relief shown pictorially. Sheet issued as part of a set of 5 maps; one map covers entire world and 4 maps cover individual continents. Available also through the Library of Congress Web...
- Contributor: Jollain, Gérard - Visscher, Nicolaes
- Date: 1657
MapTerra sancta sive promissionis, olim Palestina recens delineata, et in lucem edita per Nicolaum Visscher. Relief shown pictorially. Appears in Nicolaes Visscher's Atlas contractus orbis terrarum. Exhibition: Jordanian Display, Library of Congress, Washington, D.C., May 25-27, 2005. Includes inset showing the twelve tribes of Israel and ill....
- Contributor: Visscher, Nicolaes
- Date: 1659
MapOrbis terrarum nova et accuratissima tabula Relief shown pictorially. Appears in the author's Atlas minor. Amsterdam, 1690? Includes ancillary maps of north polar region and south polar region and col. ill. Mounted on cloth. LC copy imperfect: Fold-lined...
- Contributor: Visscher, Nicolaes
- Date: 1690
MapAmerika, ěst nor ashkharhagrakan znnutʻeantsʻ : pʻoragreal i Vēnētik i Vans Srboyn Ghazaru i tʻuis merum ... Scale not given. Hand colored. Relief shown pictorially. Armenian. Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image. Includes inset of northern North America and col. ill. Vault...
- Contributor: Endasian, Elia - Mkhitʻarean Miabanutʻiwn I Venetik
- Date: 1787
MapA new map of the whole continent of America : divided into North and South and ... Relief shown pictorially. Prime meridian: Ferro Island. Appears in Thomas Kitchin's A general atlas describing the whole universe, . Includes inset "The supplement to North America containing the countries adjoining to Baffins...
- Contributor: Pownall, Thomas - Anville, Jean Baptiste Bourguignon D - Sayer, Robert
- Date: 1786