Map Americqve septentrionale Americque septentrionale
About this Item
- Americqve septentrionale
- Other Title
- Americque septentrionale
- Contributor Names
- Sanson, Nicolas, 1600-1667, cartographer
- Peyrounin, A., engraver.
- Created / Published
- A Paris : Chez l'auteur aux Galleries du Louvre, 1695.
- Subject Headings
- - North America--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - North America
- Early maps
- - Relief shown pictorially.
- - Shows California as an island.
- - LC copy mounted on paper. Red bordered label with manuscript "603/100" in upper right corner.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 map ; 19 x 27 cm
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3300 1695 .S3
- Source Collection
- On verso: L'Isle, Guillaume de, Carta geografica dell' America settentrionale.
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- Relief shown pictorially. Shows California as an island. LC copy mounted on paper. Red bordered label with manuscript "603/100" in upper right corner. Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Sanson, Nicolas, Cartographer, and A Peyrounin. Americqve Septentrionale. A Paris: Chez l'auteur aux Galleries du Louvre, 1695. Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2017585902/.
APA citation style:
Sanson, N. & Peyrounin, A. (1695) Americqve Septentrionale. A Paris: Chez l'auteur aux Galleries du Louvre. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2017585902/.
MLA citation style:
Sanson, Nicolas, Cartographer, and A Peyrounin. Americqve Septentrionale. A Paris: Chez l'auteur aux Galleries du Louvre, 1695. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2017585902/>.