Map Nova Belgica et Anglia Nova.
About this Item
- Nova Belgica et Anglia Nova.
- Contributor Names
- Blaeu, Willem Janszoon, 1571-1638, cartographer.
- Blaeu, Willem Janszoon, 1571-1638. 1635.
- Created / Published
- [Amsterdam] : [Joan Blaeu], [1635?]
- Subject Headings
- - New England--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - United States--New England
- Early maps
- World maps
- - Relief shown pictorially.
- - Oriented with north towards the right.
- - Includes two views "Modus muniendi apud Mahikanenses" and illustrations including an illustrated cartouche. Text on verso.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Place names in Latin and Dutch. Text on verso in French.
- 1 map : hand colored ; 37 x 49 cm
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3720 1635 .B6
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Blaeu, Willem Janszoon, Cartographer, and Willem Janszoon Blaeu. Nova Belgica et Anglia Nova. [Amsterdam: Joan Blaeu, ?, 1635] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2017585968/.
APA citation style:
Blaeu, W. J. & Blaeu, W. J. (1635) Nova Belgica et Anglia Nova. [Amsterdam: Joan Blaeu, ?] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2017585968/.
MLA citation style:
Blaeu, Willem Janszoon, Cartographer, and Willem Janszoon Blaeu. Nova Belgica et Anglia Nova. [Amsterdam: Joan Blaeu, ?, 1635] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2017585968/>.
More Maps like this
MapNova Belgica et Anglia Nova. Relief shown pictorially. Oriented with north towards the right. Includes two views "Modus muniendi apud Mahikanenses" and illustrations including an illustrated cartouche. No text on verso. LC copy trimmed to outer neat...
- Contributor: Blaeu, Willem Janszoon
- Date: 1630
MapNovvelle et exacte description dv globe terrestre
Nouvelle et exacte description du globe terrestre Includes illustrations of the seasons and the elements, notes, and two celestial hemispheres. According to Shirley, the map is based on one by Visscher, rather than Blaeu. Illustrations of costumes: Francois --...
- Contributor: Visscher, Claes Jansz - Fer, Antoine De - Blaeu, Willem Janszoon
- Date: 1645
MapA map of the most inhabited part of New England : containing the provinces of Massachusets ... Relief shown pictorially. Hand colored, sectioned in 2, mounted on cloth. Prime meridian: London and Ferro. "November 29, 1755 published according to Act by Thos. Jeffreys Geographer to his Royal Highness the...
- Contributor: Jefferys, Thomas
- Date: 1755
MapA map of the most inhabited part of New England : containing the provinces of Massachusets ... Relief shown pictorially. Hand colored counties and townships borders, divided individually in 2 halves, cloth backing. LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 797 Prime meridian: London and Ferro. "November 29, 1755 published...
- Contributor: Jefferys, Thomas
- Date: 1755
MapNova totius terrarum orbis geographica ac hydrographica tabula Dated 1606 in statement of dedication. Relief shown pictorially. Described in: The mapping of the world / Rodney W. Shirley. London : Holland Press, 1983. No. 255, state 2. Includes ill. and...
- Contributor: Ende, Josua Van Den - Blaeu, Willem Janszoon
- Date: 1606