Map Map of Hudson's River, with the adjacent country.
About this Item
- Map of Hudson's River, with the adjacent country.
- Contributor Names
- Callender, Benjamin, 1773-1856, engraver.
- Morse, Jedidiah, 1761-1826.
- Created / Published
- [Edinburgh] : [Publisher not identified], 
- Subject Headings
- - Hudson River Region (N.Y. and N.J.)--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - United States--New York (State)--Hudson River Region
- - United States--New Jersey--Hudson River Region
- Early maps
- - Appears in The Scots Magazine, 1777.
- - LC copy mounted on cloth backed paper.
- - LC maps and charts of North America and the West Indies, 1750-1789, 704
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 map ; 29 x 22 cm
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3802.H8 1777 .M3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- Appears in The Scots Magazine, 1777. LC copy mounted on cloth backed paper. LC maps and charts of North America and the West Indies, 1750-1789, 704 Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Callender, Benjamin, Engraver, and Jedidiah Morse. Map of Hudson's River, with the adjacent country. [Edinburgh: Publisher not identified, 1777] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2017585989/.
APA citation style:
Callender, B. & Morse, J. (1777) Map of Hudson's River, with the adjacent country. [Edinburgh: Publisher not identified] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2017585989/.
MLA citation style:
Callender, Benjamin, Engraver, and Jedidiah Morse. Map of Hudson's River, with the adjacent country. [Edinburgh: Publisher not identified, 1777] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2017585989/>.
More Maps like this
MapNoort Rivier in Niew Neerlandt. Relief shown pictorially. Depths shown by soundings. Shows the Hudson River from Manhattan Island to Albany, natural features, and other geographical entities in the region. Pen-and-ink and watercolor. Attributed to Joan Vinckeboons...
- Contributor: Vinckeboons, Joan
- Date: 1639
MapMap of the northern part of the United States of America Shows the Northeast from Virginia to Maine and west to the Mississippi. Prime meridian: Washington D.C. LC copy darkened, with some foxing and acid offset. Wheat & Brun 1969, 158 Available also...
- Contributor: Bradley, Abraham - Callender, Benjamin - Morse, Jedidiah
- Date: 1797
MapA map of the eastern part of the province of New York with part of New ... Relief shown pictorially. Prime meridians: London and Philadelphia. Includes inset of Fort Frederick and illustrated cartouche. From the London Magazine, September 1756, vol. 25. LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 1038 Available...
- Contributor: Kitchin, Thomas
- Date: 1756
MapAn accurate map of New York in North America from a late survey. Relief shown pictorially. From the Universal Magazine, August 1780, vol. 67. LC copy has mended tear in lower center. LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 1112 Available also through the Library of...
- Date: 1780
MapMap of the state of New York Relief shown pictorially. Prime meridians: London and Philadelphia. LC copy foxed and mounted on cloth backed paper. Wheat & Brun 1969, 368 Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as...
- Contributor: Morse, Jedidiah - Denison, J. - Doolittle, Amos
- Date: 1796