Map Nebraska and Kanzas Nebraska and Kansas
About this Item
- Nebraska and Kanzas
- Nebraska and Kansas
- J.H. Colton & Co., cartographer.
Created / Published
- New York : Published by J.H. Colton & Co., 
- - Nebraska--Maps
- - Kansas--Maps
- - United States--Nebraska
- - United States--Kansas
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Shows routes explored for Pacific railroad by Captain J.W. Gunnison and Lieutenant E.G. Beckwith; shows route for a proposed railroad to the West Coast as Governor Stevens' Route & line of proposed Pacific railroad; and adjacent portions of neighboring states. Hand colored in pink to define territory and state boundaries.
- - "Published by J.H. Colton & Co. No. 172 William St. New York.; Entered according to Act of Congress in the year 1855 by J.H. Colton & Co. in the Clerks Office of the District Court of the United Stated for the Southern District of New York."
- - Prime meridians: Greenwich and Washington.
- - Includes notes.
- - At lower right: No. 50.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 map : hand colored ; 29 x 36 cm, on sheet 39 x 47 cm
Call Number/Physical Location
- G4190 1855 .J4
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
J.H. Colton & Co., Cartographer. Nebraska and Kanzas. [New York: Published by J.H. Colton & Co, 1855] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2017586283/.
APA citation style:
J.H. Colton & Co, C. (1855) Nebraska and Kanzas. [New York: Published by J.H. Colton & Co] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2017586283/.
MLA citation style:
J.H. Colton & Co., Cartographer. Nebraska and Kanzas. [New York: Published by J.H. Colton & Co, 1855] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2017586283/>.