Map Turky in Europe : from the best authorities Turkey in Europe
About this Item
- Turky in Europe : from the best authorities
- Turkey in Europe
- Fielding, John (Publisher), cartographer.
- Cary, John, approximately 1754-1835. engraver.
Created / Published
- [London] : Publish'd by J. Fielding, Aug't 1783.
- - Balkan Peninsula--History--Turkish occupation, 1526-1699--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Balkan Peninsula--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Turkey--History--Ottoman Empire, 1288-1919--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Balkan Peninsula
- - Turkey
- Early maps
- - Shows that part of the Balkan Peninsula occupied by the Ottoman Turkish invaders.
- - Relief shown pictorially.
- - Title (spelled "Turky") in ovoid title cartouche at lower right.
- - Published for European Magazine.
- - LC copy imperfect: LC copy has 6-digit number rubber-stamped in lower margin.
- - Includes publisher's statement in lower margin.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 map ; 20 x 26 cm
Call Number/Physical Location
- G6801.S4 1783 .F5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Fielding, John , Cartographer, and John Cary. Turky in Europe: from the best authorities. [London: Publish'd by J. Fielding, Aug't, 1783] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2017586286/.
APA citation style:
Fielding, J. & Cary, J. (1783) Turky in Europe: from the best authorities. [London: Publish'd by J. Fielding, Aug't] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2017586286/.
MLA citation style:
Fielding, John , Cartographer, and John Cary. Turky in Europe: from the best authorities. [London: Publish'd by J. Fielding, Aug't, 1783] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2017586286/>.