Map [Plan of Mexico City] Mexico
About this Item
- [Plan of Mexico City]
- Other Title
- Contributor Names
- Gastaldi, Giacomo, approximately 1500-approximately 1565, cartographer.
- Created / Published
- [Venice?] : [Publisher not identified], [1565?]
- Subject Headings
- - Mexico City (Mexico)--Maps
- - Mexico--Mexico City
- Early maps
- - Relief shown pictorially.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Gift; John (Jack) M. Raymond; July 2016.
- - Appears in: Giovanni Battista Ramusio's Delle navigationi et Viaggi, 1556.
- - In top margin: 308.
- 1 map : hand colored ; 27 x 17 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G4414.M6 1565 .G3
- Source Collection
- Raymond, John M. (Jack). [John (Jack) M. Raymond collection].
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Gastaldi, Giacomo, Approximately Approximately 1565, Cartographer. Plan of Mexico City. [Venice?: Publisher not identified, ?, 1565] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2017590024/.
APA citation style:
Gastaldi, G. (1565) Plan of Mexico City. [Venice?: Publisher not identified, ?] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2017590024/.
MLA citation style:
Gastaldi, Giacomo, Approximately Approximately 1565, Cartographer. Plan of Mexico City. [Venice?: Publisher not identified, ?, 1565] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2017590024/>.
More Maps like this
MapPlano de la nobilísima ciudad de México
Mexico tenux titlan ciudad de la America la mas hermosa, y Rica Asiento de los Exmos. Sres. Virreyes de esta nueva España Relief shown pictorially. Watercolor washes to distinguish different city areas and 3 loops of string to close along edges. Includes a manuscript index to city areas and a descriptive index to buildings....
- Contributor: Iniesta Bejarano, Ildefonso De. - Villavicencio, Manuel De
- Date: 1778
MapMapa de la villa insigne y Real Colegiata del Santuario de Santa Maria de Guadalupe dista ... Shows area near Mexico City. Relief shown pictorially. Buildings shown pictorially. Panorama. Indexed. Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- Contributor: Prado, Juan Del
- Date: 1760
MapVon den newen Inseln : der Statt Themistitan in den newen Inseln gelegen/figurierung. Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image. LC copy annotated in ink: "From an unidentified German edition of Sebastian Münster's Cosmographia Universalis, 1597 or later. Bought...
- Contributor: Münster, Sebastian
- Date: 1597
MapPlano de la Ciudad de Mexico
Ciudad de Mexico Relief shown by hachures. Handwritten inscription in lower margin: México, junio 1, de 1907 este plano de publica con autosizacion de la dirección general de obras públicas. Guillermo A. Puga. In lower...
- Contributor: Compañía Litográfica Y Tipográfica, S.A.
- Date: 1907
Tierra nueva Shows the Atlantic coast from Labrador to north Florida. Publication information from atlas. Text titled "Della terra nova del Bacalaos" on verso. Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as...
- Contributor: Gastaldi, Giacomo - Ptolemy
- Date: 1548