Photo, Print, Drawing [President Franklin D. Roosevelt]
About this Item
- [President Franklin D. Roosevelt]
- Created / Published
- [ca. 1941]
- Format Headings
- Film negatives.
- Film negatives
- - Title and date from head and shoulders portrait print in Presidential Files.
- - Typed on mount of print: Copy negative of Harris & Ewing photograph.
- - "D-0A 73."
- - There was no caption for this image in the FSA/OWI shelflist.
- - Transfer; United States. Office of War Information. Overseas Picture Division. Washington Division; 1944.
- - More information about the FSA/OWI Collection is available at http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/pp.fsaowi
- - Temp. note: owibatch7
- 1 negative ; 5 x 7 inches or smaller.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- LC-USW33- 042784-ZC [P&P]
- Source Collection
- Farm Security Administration - Office of War Information photograph collection (Library of Congress)
- Library of Congress Prints and Photographs Division Washington, D.C. 20540 USA http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/pp.print
- Digital Id
- fsa 8e02302 //hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/fsa.8e02302
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Reproduction Number
- LC-USW33-042784-ZC (b&w film neg.)
- Rights Advisory
- No known restrictions on images made by the U.S. government; images copied from other sources may be restricted. For information, see U.S. Farm Security Administration/Office of War Information Black & White Photographs http://www.loc.gov/rr/print/res/071_fsab.html
- Online Format
- 1 negative ; 5 x 7 inches or smaller.
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The Library of Congress does not own rights to material in its collections. Therefore, it does not license or charge permission fees for use of such material and cannot grant or deny permission to publish or otherwise distribute the material.
Ultimately, it is the researcher's obligation to assess copyright or other use restrictions and obtain permission from third parties when necessary before publishing or otherwise distributing materials found in the Library's collections.
For information about reproducing, publishing, and citing material from this collection, as well as access to the original items, see: U.S. Farm Security Administration/Office of War Information Black & White Photographs - Rights and Restrictions Information
- Rights Advisory: No known restrictions on images made by the U.S. government; images copied from other sources may be restricted. For information, see U.S. Farm Security Administration/Office of War Information Black & White Photographs http://www.loc.gov/rr/print/res/071_fsab.html
- Reproduction Number: LC-USW33-042784-ZC (b&w film neg.)
- Call Number: LC-USW33- 042784-ZC [P&P]
- Access Advisory: ---
If an image is displaying, you can download it yourself. (Some images display only as thumbnails outside the Library of Congress because of rights considerations, but you have access to larger size images on site.)
Alternatively, you can purchase copies of various types through Library of Congress Duplication Services.
Price lists, contact information, and order forms are available on the Duplication Services Web site.
Expect Delays in Service of Nitrate Negatives
Reproductions of all types are available, but Duplication Services anticipates an 8-10 week turnaround in completing orders, as all negatives must be reproduced at their off-site, cold storage facility.
Clues that an FSA/OWI/OEM image may be affected are:
Medium field says "1 negative : nitrate" OR
Reproduction Number field begins with: LC-USF33-
If either is the case, you may wish to consult with Prints and Photographs Division reference staff (202-707-6394). In certain instances, duplicate negatives are available for copying.
Access to Originals
Please use the following steps to determine whether you need to fill out a call slip in the Prints and Photographs Reading Room to view the original item(s). In some cases, a surrogate (substitute image) is available, often in the form of a digital image, a copy print, or microfilm.
Is the item digitized? (A thumbnail (small) image will be visible on the left.)
Yes, the item is digitized.
Please use the digital image in preference to requesting the original. All images can be
viewed at a large size when you are in any reading room at the Library of Congress. In some
cases, only thumbnail (small) images are available when you are outside the Library of
Congress because the item is rights restricted or has not been evaluated for rights
As a preservation measure, we generally do not serve an original item when a digital image is available. If you have a compelling reason to see the original, consult with a reference librarian. (Sometimes, the original is simply too fragile to serve. For example, glass and film photographic negatives are particularly subject to damage. They are also easier to see online where they are presented as positive images.)
- No, the item is not digitized. Please go to #2.
- Yes, the item is digitized. Please use the digital image in preference to requesting the original. All images can be viewed at a large size when you are in any reading room at the Library of Congress. In some cases, only thumbnail (small) images are available when you are outside the Library of Congress because the item is rights restricted or has not been evaluated for rights restrictions.
Do the Access Advisory or Call Number fields above indicate that a non-digital surrogate exists, such as microfilm or copy prints?
- Yes, another surrogate exists. Reference staff can direct you to this surrogate.
- No, another surrogate does not exist. Please go to #3.
- If you do not see a thumbnail image or a reference to another surrogate, please fill out a call slip in the Prints and Photographs Reading Room. In many cases, the originals can be served in a few minutes. Other materials require appointments for later the same day or in the future. Reference staff can advise you in both how to fill out a call slip and when the item can be served.
To contact Reference staff in the Prints and Photographs Reading Room, please use our Ask A Librarian service or call the reading room between 8:30 and 5:00 at 202-707-6394, and Press 3.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
President Franklin D. Roosevelt. , ca. 1941. Photograph. https://www.loc.gov/item/2017876006/.
APA citation style:
(ca. 1941) President Franklin D. Roosevelt. , ca. 1941. [Photograph] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2017876006/.
MLA citation style:
President Franklin D. Roosevelt. Photograph. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2017876006/>.