Book/Printed Material The Believer and the modern study of the Bible
About this Item
- The Believer and the modern study of the Bible
- "The essays in this volume address the conundrum of how Jewish believers in the divine character of the Sinaitic revelation confront the essential questions raised by academic biblical studies. The first part is an anthology of rabbinic sources, from the medieval period to the present, treating questions that reflect a critical awareness of the Bible. The second part is a series of twenty-one essays by contemporary rabbis and scholars on how they combine their religious beliefs with their critical approach to the Bible." -- Provided by publisher.
- Brandes, Yehudah, editor.
- Doiṭsh, Ḥayutah, editor.
- Ganzel, Tova, editor.
Created / Published
- Boston : Academic Studies Press, 2019.
- - Bible.--Old Testament--Commentaries
- - Bible.--Old Testament--Criticism, interpretation, etc
- - Bible.--Old Testament--Criticism, Redaction
- - Faith (Judaism)
- - Tradition (Judaism)
- - Description based on print version record and CIP data provided by publisher; resource not viewed.
- 1 online resource.
Call Number/Physical Location
Library of Congress Control Number
- Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International CC BY-NC 4.0 https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/4.0/legalcode External
- Unrestricted online access
Additional Metadata Formats
Rights & Access
The books in this collection are licensed under open access licenses allowing for the reuse and distribution of each book following the terms described in each license. Researchers should consult the Rights Advisory statement for each title and the accompanying license details for information about rights and permissions associated with each of the licenses.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Brandes, Yehudahitor, Ḥayutahitor Doiṭsh, and Tovaitor Ganzel, editor. The Believer and the modern study of the Bible. Boston: Academic Studies Press, . ©, 2019. Pdf. https://www.loc.gov/item/2018056609/.
APA citation style:
Brandes, Y., Doiṭsh, Ḥ. & Ganzel, T., editor. (2019) The Believer and the modern study of the Bible. Boston: Academic Studies Press, . ©. [Pdf] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2018056609/.
MLA citation style:
Brandes, Yehudahitor, Ḥayutahitor Doiṭsh, and Tovaitor Ganzel, editor. The Believer and the modern study of the Bible. Boston: Academic Studies Press, . ©, 2019. Pdf. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2018056609/>.