Notated Music Historische, ungarische portraits. 1, Stephan Szecheny = (Szechenyi Istvan) Stephan Szecheny / Szechenyi Istvan
About this Item
- Historische, ungarische portraits. 1, Stephan Szecheny = (Szechenyi Istvan)
- Stephan Szecheny
- Szechenyi Istvan
- Liszt, Franz, 1811-1886, composer
- Harry Rosenthal Collection on Franz Liszt (Library of Congress)
Created / Published
- - Suites (Piano)--Excerpts
- - Széchenyi, István,--gróf,--1791-1860--Songs and music
- - For solo piano, with trumpet cues.
- - Staff notation.
- - Title from caption.
- - Date of production derived from Grove.
- - Copyist's manuscript in black ink, with holograph additions and corrections in ink and colored pencil. Pages 11 and 12 are entirely in Liszt's hand.
- - On page 11 is a 16-measure passage to be inserted following page 2; on page 12 is a revised ending to be substituted for page 10.
- - Laid in folder: List of holograph markings, in German, written in unknown hand (2 folded sheets).
- - The music, manuscripts, first editions, and correspondence of Franz Liszt (1811-1886) in the collections of the Music Division, Library of Congress, page 8, no. 21a
- - Gift; Harry Rosenthal; 19651230.
- 1 score (12 pages) ; 34 cm
Call Number/Physical Location
- ML31 .R67a no. 4
- 86/20,225 (Mus) item 21a Microfilm
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as holders of publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may be content that is protected as "works for hire" (copyright may be held by the party that commissioned the original work) and/or under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permission ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the bibliographic information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding items and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses.
Items included here with the permission of the rights holders are indicated as such in the bibliographic record for each item.
In some cases, the Library was unable to identify a possible rights holder and has elected to place some of those items online as an exercise of fair use for strictly non-commercial educational uses. The Library of Congress would like to learn more about these materials and would like to hear from individuals or institutions that have any additional information or know of their history. Please contact: Performing Arts Reading Room.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress, Music Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Harry Rosenthal Collection On Franz Liszt. Historische, ungarische portraits. 1, Stephan Szecheny = Szechenyi Istvan. composeds by Liszt, Franz, Oser [?, 1885] Notated Music. https://www.loc.gov/item/2018570833/.
APA citation style:
Harry Rosenthal Collection On Franz Liszt. (1885) Historische, ungarische portraits. 1, Stephan Szecheny = Szechenyi Istvan. Liszt, F., comp [?] [Notated Music] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2018570833/.
MLA citation style:
Harry Rosenthal Collection On Franz Liszt. Historische, ungarische portraits. 1, Stephan Szecheny = Szechenyi Istvan. comp by Liszt, Franz, Oser [?, 1885] Notated Music. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2018570833/>.